Raith Rovers' Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Raith's next permanent manager?  

482 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

He’s the man for us. Yup I championed him early on. It’s either Magilton or Clancy for me. 

Playing Devil’s Advocate here, but what would be your reaction if we go for him and he knocks us back?

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

“but with the BREXIT impacts on bringing in employees from outside the UK”

It’s difficult to be any clearer.

Ireland is in the Common Travel Area so I don't see why there would be a problem appointing and Irish citizen. Unless the SFA applies some rules that would be a blocker, but that sounds a bit illegal. 

1 minute ago, buchan30 said:

Playing Devil’s Advocate here, but what would be your reaction if we go for him and he knocks us back?

I’ll be gutted. What I hear is, especially Magilton is that NI and the Republic are untapped. I still believe the latter has the charisma to push on. Clancy has made a massive difference with Cork, he has players in that team that can make a big difference for us. It’s up to our BOD to make us an attractive prospect. 

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’ll be gutted. What I hear is, especially Magilton is that NI and the Republic are untapped. I still believe the latter has the charisma to push on. Clancy has made a massive difference with Cork, he has players in that team that can make a big difference for us. It’s up to our BOD to make us an attractive prospect. 

Don’t want to burst your bubble but you do remember Stephen Kenny and pat fenlon over here, wasn’t exactly successful and Kenny is very highly regarded and successful in Ireland. Magilton could be a decent shout but I’m not overly keen on Clancy given the quality of teams he’s is facing, but hopefully next week is the week

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Clancy or Magilton for that matter announced in the coming days, both I think will be interested and probably have applied after Healy turned us down

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Don’t want to burst your bubble but you do remember Stephen Kenny and pat fenlon over here, wasn’t exactly successful and Kenny is very highly regarded and successful in Ireland. Magilton could be a decent shout but I’m not overly keen on Clancy given the quality of teams he’s is facing, but hopefully next week is the week

Theres always a 3rd time Lucky I guess

2 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Yea I get that pal, but some of the players I regarded as first team players for us signed for an up and coming Dundalk, they are struggling big time. Cork are miles ahead of everyone in their respective League. We seriously have to get as far away from the Largs management training as possible.

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

Yea I get that pal, but some of the players I regarded as first team players for us signed for an up and coming Dundalk, they are struggling big time. Cork are miles ahead of everyone in their respective League. We seriously have to get as far away from the Largs management training as possible.

Listen if we appoint one of those guys I won’t be unhappy ,if it’s fox , Hartley, yogi or Barry Ferguson 🤬🤬

Just now, Been going too long said:

And if we do appoint one of them I really hope they are successful and will get behind them 💯 

I'm at a loss to think who we really can get now, theres no Premiership managers close to getting punted, and those good experienced managers out of work are well out of our price range 

1 minute ago, Stardog_champion said:

1 has won a cup this season the other is as you say miles ahead in his league. i have a preference for tim clancey which is more a gut feeling than anything plus the number of people that are all recommending him

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'm at a loss to think who we really can get now, theres no Premiership managers close to getting punted, and those good experienced managers out of work are well out of our price range 

Barry Robson maybe , Kevin Thomson , I think with the time it’s taking ( not a dig) it will be someone in a job 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

And if we do appoint one of them I really hope they are successful and will get behind them 💯 

I’ll get behind either or. Forget David Healy, Magilton and Clancy’s teams aren’t awash with money, they make do with man management and a belief to win.