Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian - 5:30pm Kick-off - 10/08/24

Tough, tough game. Reckon Hearts will push Rangers all the way for 2nd spot and if they're as shite as I'm expecting, I wouldn't put it past Hearts doing it. We have a semi-decent record against Hearts though. Looking forward to it.

Tough game, but if we can get a win it's a great start to the season after 2 hard fixtures.

Boateng might come in as he'll have had a chance to actually work with his teammates.  Other than that I'd probably keep it similar to yesterday. Maybe bring Kingsley back in if up to but dropping Rowles or Penrice would be harsh.

13 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Should be a good game. Looking forward to an excellent day out. Dundee (the city, regardless of which club) is a fantastic away day.

Wonder if you’ll make it to the actual game this season.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Like I said, it should be a good game. So, it's 60/40 at the moment.

Good luck. Some pub(s) in Dundee is(are) going to hope that you don’t make it.

14 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tough game, but if we can get a win it's a great start to the season after 2 hard fixtures.

Boateng might come in as he'll have had a chance to actually work with his teammates.  Other than that I'd probably keep it similar to yesterday. Maybe bring Kingsley back in if up to but dropping Rowles or Penrice would be harsh.

Rowles was very good yesterday, but I could understand him missing out based on his last showing against Simon Murray.

Since I've had to suffer the heartbreak of seeing Malachi Boateng signing for Hearts, if he must strut his stuff next weekend, can we at least come to an agreement that Taylor doesn't play?

It's only fair.

8 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Rowles was very good yesterday, but I could understand him missing out based on his last showing against Simon Murray.

Yeah horses for courses and given the size of our squad I could see us taking players out who were good the previous week quite a lot. Don't want it being too many changes though.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Since I've had to suffer the heartbreak of seeing Malachi Boateng signing for Hearts, if he must strut his stuff next weekend, can we at least come to an agreement that Taylor doesn't play?

It's only fair.

I am all for playing 2 left wingers and just giving Taylor the whole right side on his own.

Sylla to clean out Boateng in the first tackle of the game to set the tone, just like Byrne's wipeout of Naismith in the Championship.

If we start the same way with that back 3 and new wing backs we'll concede more than the 2 we did against United, think we need to play a back 4 at least until C. Robertson's back or we get a proper anchor for that formation. Mulligan should get the shout over Cameron too, we really need more of a presence in midfield for this one.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sylla to clean out Boateng in the first tackle of the game to set the tone, just like Byrne's wipeout of Naismith in the Championship.

If we start the same way with that back 3 and new wing backs we'll concede more than the 2 we did against United, think we need to play a back 4 at least until C. Robertson's back or we get a proper anchor for that formation. Mulligan should get the shout over Cameron too, we really need more of a presence in midfield for this one.

beat up its always sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

So something like:

McCracken

Ingram

Portales

An of the other 3 CBs

Larkeche

Sylla

Mulligan

SPH

McCowan

Tiffoney

Murray

Not sure it gives us the same impact from the bench, but I like it.

13 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Should be a good game. Looking forward to an excellent day out. Dundee (the city, regardless of which club) is a fantastic away day.

Yeah, I love a visit to Dundee. Not for the football though, it's been a tad disappointing over the decades...