Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian - 5:30pm Kick-off - 10/08/24

Excellent display from Dundee.

Thoroughly deserved.

Poetic justice with the Taylor O.G. as I've seen players sent off for cleaning out a player like that.

No wonder Docherty was pissed off.

On 07/08/2024 at 08:36, DC92 said:

All this nonsense chat about finishing 2nd has "back down to earth with a bump" written all over it. Good tactic from the Dundee fans.

Never in doubt.

Seeing that first goal again it's a bit baffling why McCowan didn't shoot. Goal was wide-open, and it's on his left. Player in the way, but should have ben simple enough to get it past him. No that it matters, but it's the sort of thing McCowan never had any bother with.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Maybe I’m just misremembering but Is the touch line at the Main Stand further away from the stand than last year?  

If so is the pitch now slightly narrower or is the other touch line nearer the Derry?

I think you are correct. In the pre-season photos of the pitch the touchlines looked to be further from the stands than in the past. It makes sense, because we play a narrow midfield normally and the WB's got exposed a lot last season.

Well before those couple minutes of chaos, I was going to credit our team for how we've handled Hearts attacking. Think McGhee stepped up well that half, heading and booting every ball out of the box. Sylla looks much more like himself, Larkeche and Ingram doing well and Palmer-Houlden having a great game all over the pitch, basically been a RWB at times and been hellish for Hearts to deal with.

Tiffoney having a blistering game, only way they've touched him is by trying to break his leg. Thank f**k Taylor stayed on by the way 😂

Need to keep up the pressure, we know well how much we like to f**k up good leads, especially against Hearts. This isn't over yet by a longshot.