Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian - 5:30pm Kick-off - 10/08/24

Ha ha well done Mr X , that gets it out the  road , I was at the game I left straight after the second goal , I obviously wanted a win  as if the result at ibrox went the right way we were getting into the eufa cup , but I honestly couldn’t bear to watch the hearts fans misery 

3 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Ha ha well done Mr X , that gets it out the  road , I was at the game I left straight after the second goal , I obviously wanted a win  as if the result at ibrox went the right way we were getting into the eufa cup , but I honestly couldn’t bear to watch the hearts fans misery 

I was also there. I genuinely think I'm over it now.

It only took about thirty years for me to accept that St Mirren hadn't lay down to Celtic that day though. 😂

Edited by Mr. X

12 hours ago, Mr. X said:

kidd-a.jpg.019aa23deb4c0698b8661fdee3ffe4f4.jpg

Beat you caants to it... 😆

😕

I thought we had moved on from all this? But if you insist.

Spoiler

Kidding

Spoiler

Not Kidding.

Spoiler

rT0F9Iq.jpg.b491f2a527cf74664cc5cedf1dd5a57d.jpg

Hard game but we’re capable. Have hearts three tough games last season. They have improved though and we’re still trying to settle a lot of new players. Should be interesting. I’ll go 3-2 Dundee (heart over head). 

I think this will be a belter of a game. 

I've got Hearts down as giving Rangers a good go for 2nd place this season. Their strength in depth is very good. 

We're more than capable of winning this but I'm thinking another exciting 2-2. Murray and McCowan our scorers.

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

I think this will be a belter of a game.

I think it'll be a really good game as the atmosphere will be bouncing and give the players a real push.

Dinner time on a Saturday, everyone will be absolutely pished.

6 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

We're more than capable of winning this but I'm thinking another exciting 2-2. Murray and McCowan our scorers.

I really don't think we are.

Our return against the top six sides of which I'm including Hibs was relegation material last season. At the minute our defence is worse (due to injuries) and the midfield is the same. We've improved upfront.

Unless we play Mulligan in the middle and four at the back there's only one winner here IMO. The midfield of Cameron, McCowan and Sylla doesn't cut it in these games as proven time and time again.

Thank you.

On 05/08/2024 at 00:39, RossBFaeDundee said:

Sylla to clean out Boateng in the first tackle of the game to set the tone, just like Byrne's wipeout of Naismith in the Championship.

If we start the same way with that back 3 and new wing backs we'll concede more than the 2 we did against United, think we need to play a back 4 at least until C. Robertson's back or we get a proper anchor for that formation. Mulligan should get the shout over Cameron too, we really need more of a presence in midfield for this one.

Agreed - has to be a back 4 and start with Mulligan.

On 05/08/2024 at 11:23, Mr. X said:

I was also there. I genuinely think I'm over it now.

It only took about thirty years for me to accept that St Mirren hadn't lay down to Celtic that day though. 😂

They just let them open a club shop instead.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

27 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

I really don't think we are.

Our return against the top six sides of which I'm including Hibs was relegation material last season. At the minute our defence is worse (due to injuries) and the midfield is the same. We've improved upfront.

Unless we play Mulligan in the middle and four at the back there's only one winner here IMO. The midfield of Cameron, McCowan and Sylla doesn't cut it in these games as proven time and time again.

Thank you.

Last season was last season. 

Mulligan in for Cameron to give better balance in midfield. Would be harsh on Tiffoney not finding a way into the starting 11 but I think Docherty might look to bring him on around the 60th minute mark again. 

We beat them at dens last season and found ourselves in winning positions in 2 other games, albeit managing to shoot ourselves in the foot both times. 

Hearts are a good side and we need to be at our best to win, but we can do it. We won’t play as bad as we did for 60 minutes against United…I don’t think anyway. 

Edited by Pens_Dark