Dundee FC vs Heart of Midlothian - 5:30pm Kick-off - 10/08/24

11 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The game at Tynecastle we were getting pummeled and hit them twice on the break to lead. The goals eventually came for Hearts as the game continued in the same vein. There was no shooting in the foot. The game at Dens we led was one of the better performances of the season - we were harshly done with the scandalous penalty. Hearts have improved alot since then though. I'd be looking at something like:

McCracken

Ingram Portales Astley Larkeche

Tiffoney McGhee Sylla McCowan Muligan

Murray 

That's with me complaining about McGhee in centre midfield for years, we simply don't have anyone else though. He'd give more dig than Robertson IMO. Hearts right back looks a player and Mulligan would maybe beable to stifle him. 

Thank you. 

Jordan McGhee has an irritating habit of scoring against us, could be an any time scorer shout on 365 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It's not outrageous but highly unlikely.  It would need something of Leicester 15/16-esque proportions for Hearts to sustain such a performance over the whole season.  And, they have the distraction of Europe on top.  

You have to assume Rangers will improve and strengthen from where they were at the weekend.  Maybe by nicking Shankland which would be a double whammy in the context of any battle for 2nd place.

Shanks won't be going there until next season unless they stump up cash they haven't got, apparently we're opening talks with Shanks over a new contract again too, so fingers crossed, but I know there's also English interest, Sunderland have been sniffing. 

Just now, Galajambo said:

Jordan McGhee has an irritating habit of scoring against us, could be an any time scorer shout on 365 

Shanks won't be going there until next season unless they stump up cash they haven't got, apparently we're opening talks with Shanks over a new contract again too, so fingers crossed, but I know there's also English interest, Sunderland have been sniffing. 

I would be surprised if they could afford him too, which is why  I said 'maybe' in my post - It was more of an aside than the main point which is they will strengthen.  Saying that, their result last night might just persuade them to sharpen their pencil in anticipation of CL riches.  

Sunderland wouldn't be my 1st choice of club If I were Shankland.  

Can't see beyond a comfortable away win here - too many questions at the back for us at the moment.

Also predict that at least 25% of the home support will be stuck at the turnstiles for ages as our new ticketing system goes live for the first time...

I'd love to see Hearts split the ugly sisters this season but the current buns will likely strengthen and with VAR on their side it's an extremely tough ask for the Jambos. I wish them well although not on Saturday obviously. I'd be happy for us to take a point at Dens. For me it's all about picking up whatever we can until a) we sign a CH   b) we get our injured CHs back

2 hours ago, Girth said:

4.30 pm outside TipTop Saturday if anyone fancies a rumble!?

Thank you. 

image.jpeg.9765fbfa733301e3d73f4514483034ba.jpeg

Good deflection. I think most folk will buy it.

Seriously though, last time up at Dens it was good to see all the Dees from on here and have a good laugh about the Hibs lads on here not having noticed yet that you boys are only winding them up and (rightly) regard them as worse than the shite on your shoe.

Don't worry, I'll not let on to them.

4 hours ago, hk blues said:

I would be surprised if they could afford him too, which is why  I said 'maybe' in my post - It was more of an aside than the main point which is they will strengthen.  Saying that, their result last night might just persuade them to sharpen their pencil in anticipation of CL riches.  

Sunderland wouldn't be my 1st choice of club If I were Shankland.  

Money talks mate, simple as that, Shanks next move could be his last decent pay day, he'd be daft not to rip someone's right nad off for a wad of cash, I just hope it's not to those dirty dead b*****ds fae Glasgow. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

image.jpeg.9765fbfa733301e3d73f4514483034ba.jpeg

Good deflection. I think most folk will buy it.

Seriously though, last time up at Dens it was good to see all the Dees from on here and have a good laugh about the Hibs lads on here not having noticed yet that you boys are only winding them up and (rightly) regard them as worse than the shite on your shoe.

Don't worry, I'll not let on to them.

posts brian GIF

Another comfortable third place finish when we have European football for half the season, to tie up what could be the last automatic group stage qualification for a while, would still be progress. There's the cup competitions to target as well.

15 hours ago, Galajambo said:

Money talks mate, simple as that, Shanks next move could be his last decent pay day, he'd be daft not to rip someone's right nad off for a wad of cash, I just hope it's not to those dirty dead b*****ds fae Glasgow. 

Aye, but given his relatively poor time in Belgium he may be more inclined to wait for the right deal than the 1st big offer.  I'm sure there will be interest. 

On 07/08/2024 at 12:03, Girth said:

4.30 pm outside TipTop Saturday if anyone fancies a rumble!?

Thank you. 

Bit of a wee shame to rap a pus or two before they attend the game? No?

I'll be there at 19.30 for a foo Yung and hopefully fling a few jambos about. 

5 minutes ago, Girth said:

Just read a rumour - Scott Wright to Dens on loan....

Anyone heard the same?

Thank you. 

This would only make sense as a direct replacement for McCowan.

Full squad available with the exception of Baningime and Nieuwenhof. Interesting if he sticks with the same team as last week or if he is tempted to get minutes into players with the qualifiers on the horizon.  For me I'd keep the same team and make a few changes for the Falkirk game.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Full squad available with the exception of Baningime and Nieuwenhof. Interesting if he sticks with the same team as last week or if he is tempted to get minutes into players with the qualifiers on the horizon.  For me I'd keep the same team and make a few changes for the Falkirk game.

Should be trying to get as many minutes as possible into the starting 11 for the European games. I assume that'll be the team that started against Rangers, or close to it. Plenty time to rotate the squad as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Should be trying to get as many minutes as possible into the starting 11 for the European games. I assume that'll be the team that started against Rangers, or close to it. Plenty time to rotate the squad as the season progresses.

This is true and it's why I'd go unchanged, but there may be injuries as well and having a few getting minutes isn't bad.  Also imagine Naismith will see it as horses for courses, different type of test in the next two.