I could only follow the game on BBC live scores and just reading the text updates was torture. I doubt our fans found seeing being under siege for most of the game any less torturous.  3 points I didn't expect to get, but pleased to get.  Sometimes things go against the flow. We've all seen it work for us and against us.

Our support is f**king ludicrous at times. 3 weeks ago we were winning the league undefeated and now after a win, draw and loss our season is falling apart and everyones panicking. Sometimes things don't go your way in football despite what the stats say. Stirling took their chances and we didn't. 

We're 3 games into a long season. I trust McCall to get it right and have us in the top 4 at the end of the season. Look what he's accomplished since January. Calm down and have a bit of faith.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

44 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

I could only follow the game on BBC live scores and just reading the text updates was torture. I doubt our fans found seeing being under siege for most of the game any less torturous.  3 points I didn't expect to get, but pleased to get.  Sometimes things go against the flow. We've all seen it work for us and against us.

Wasn't under siege, simply let Clyde have the ball & they couldn't break the defence down, Geach & Sula cleared everything & Gaston slowed the game down... stats can be deceiving at times, putting the ball in the net is what counts ..score reads 0-2 .... plus a bit of confidence & belief.. we all know what the situation was 6 weeks ago..  really pleased for AM & the trust between him &the player's 

Why not us eh 🤔

Always positive binos 🇵🇪 💪

41 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Our support is f**king ludicrous at times. 3 weeks ago we were winning the league undefeated and now after a win, draw and loss our season is falling apart and everyones panicking. Sometimes things don't go your way in football despite what the stats say. Stirling took their chances and we didn't. 

We're 3 games into a long season. I trust McCall to get it right and have us in the top 4 at the end of the season. Look what he's accomplished since January. Calm down and have a bit of faith.

Yes true but he is paid plenty had a very good budget and moving your best centre half to right back is simply bizarre. Constantly chopping and changing doesn't help. Need a settled 11. He did well to keep us up agreed but that Stirling side were dreadful. One goal in three league games is dreadful as well. Play players in their proper position at least  reminds me of Danny experimenting.  Plenty of time agreed but even at this stage can't fall any further behind Peterhead or league probably already gone. Not good enough. 

4 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Wasn't under siege, simply let Clyde have the ball & they couldn't break the defence down, Geach & Sula cleared everything & Gaston slowed the game down... stats can be deceiving at times, putting the ball in the net is what counts ..score reads 0-2 .... plus a bit of confidence & belief.. we all know what the situation was 6 weeks ago..  really pleased for AM & the trust between him &the player's 

Why not us eh 🤔

Your motivational team talks are paying off pal 🎯👍

I don’t want McCall out, that would be madness, but it doesn’t stop me being very annoyed at what I seen today.

Hamilton at right back was not the correct decision, no matter which way you slice it.

The stats are weighted in our favour but don’t tell anything close to the whole story. We had more possession because Stirling let us have the ball and crowded their own half. We had 9 shots on target but I can only remember Gaston being properly troubled maybe once or twice, because our finishing was garbage. We had 8 corners but most were horrendous floated efforts that were easily dealt with. Despite being a team full of very young kids, Stirling were so much more streetwise than us - making tactical fouls, time wasting, the wee laddie at the end grinning at the Clyde fans as he was limping off etc. The referee was naive and Stirling took advantage.

I’m so annoyed because I know how good we can be on our day, I’ve seen it with my own eyes. I don’t understand how anyone can come away from that game anything less than at least 75% angry.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

27 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Yes true but he is paid plenty had a very good budget and moving your best centre half to right back is simply bizarre. Constantly chopping and changing doesn't help. Need a settled 11. He did well to keep us up agreed but that Stirling side were dreadful. One goal in three league games is dreadful as well. Play players in their proper position at least  reminds me of Danny experimenting.  Plenty of time agreed but even at this stage can't fall any further behind Peterhead or league probably already gone. Not good enough. 

League already gone after 3 games that’s the best one yet 😂😂!

16 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

League already gone after 3 games that’s the best one yet 😂😂!

Never says that you clown. Read the post correctly if you're capable. I said even at this early stage can't let Peterhead get further ahead.  It's five points not inconceivable it could be double that soon f**king idiot. 

2 minutes ago, Shawfield78 said:

Never says that you clown. Read the post correctly if you're capable. I said even at this early stage can't let Peterhead get further ahead.  It's five points not inconceivable it could be double that soon f**king idiot. 

Take it you think one goal in three games is acceptable given the money McCall had to spend. 

My take on today is a bit of a meet in the middle based on some of the comments in this thread so far.  It was certainly not a freak result (which would suggest we had Gaston performing heroics, hit the bar several times etc) but it was by no means as bad as some at the stadium were making out, and certainly not bad enough to warrant McCall out remarks (if that happened, didn't hear it but if so then absolutely ridiculous stuff!)

We did have more possession, but most of it was played in front of the Stirling defence to be honest, mainly because we are too slow at times with our transitions.  That only improved when Redfern (who absolutely needs to be starting) came on.  Also, agreed with a previous comment, second goal comes from the inexplicable decision from Ray Grant to play a sideways pass at the free kick.  But that kind of alludes to the slow, ponderous nature of some of our football.

I heard an interview with Stevie Naismith on the way home that suggested he would look to play a settled 11 and stick with it in light of recent form, and I think McCall needs to do that - find an 11 that works for him and just stick with it.  Of course there will be a need to rotate at times and clearly he will need to keep players happy in light of a larger squad, but we need a settled backline and forward line.  We lack a bit of creativity between midfield and upfront and perhaps some unpopular decisions with some squad members need to be taken in terms of not starting.

Irrespective of all of this, anyone pressing the panic alarm at this stage is being way too premature.  We'll hopefully find our desired shape and playing style as games go on, and it's not out of the question to suggest we'll end up on a run of form akin to what we achieved latter half of last season that will cement a place either at the top or around about.

First time in a while we've been on the right end of a game like that.

Will take the result happily.

It will help greatly with fhe morale and belief in the squad. There's a lot of experience with Gaston and the back 3 and that really helps in games like today. Got a bit of that up front and if the right midfield balance can be found we might just have a team..

Early days though. There's  a lot of teams still to gel fully and a lot of football to be played.

We did to Clyde today,what Elgin did to us last week. Got an early goal and then let the opposition have the ball to let them pass it to and fro across the park then blooter it over the the bar or round the post from miles out.

Stats dont mean a lot if you cant score goals.We learned a big lesson last week.Well done Binos.

Edited by MrBeeno

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Why not us eh 🤔

Yes, following games on live scores can make things look worse than they were Beepee. It certainly read like we were under a lot of pressure. I wasn't going by the possession stats though. It was the text updates that had me nail biting.  To be honest mate, if I'd known we were letting them have the ball I'd probably have been trying to bite my toenails as well. 

Today was a shocker in more ways than one.  in my opinion that result is on McCall.  Poor starting line up especially with Hamilton at RB.  People have said it’s the right decision which I totally disagree with.  He’s the best CH in the league! Pick him there and build around him.  

McCall got his team wrong with Scullion and Rennie wide.  They came inside time and time again making it easy for Stirling to defend.  I’ve been a big defender of  Martin Rennie but how he played 90 minutes today was unbelievable.

I said Jordan Allan was poor last week and today was even worse.  I understand he had limited service but his movement was dreadful.  It’s a tough gig being CF on your own but he could at least try and go in behind the defence every now and again. 

The positives being Robson and Murdoch looked excellent and I’m sure things will improve in the coming weeks.  

Final point I will aim at Ian McCall.  I’m sure nobody is calling for his head and to do so at this stage is madness.  But let’s stop worrying about the other sides in the league and try and win a game from kick off.  There’s only so many times an incorrect starting 11 can be fixed at HT.  You have been well backed with a budget at this level that other could only dream of.  Today was poor and hopefully a warning.  Things need to improve and quickly. 

In McCall's post match interview he states the choice was between Hamilton playing in the right back position or being dropped from the team altogether. 

Is Howie better than Hamilton in the centre half position? Not from what I've seen. 

9 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

First time in a while we've been on the right end of a game like that.

Will take the result happily.

It will help greatly with fhe morale and belief in the squad. There's a lot of experience with Gaston and the back 3 and that really helps in games like today. Got a bit of that up front and if the right midfield balance can be found we might just have a team..

Early days though. There's  a lot of teams still to gel fully and a lot of football to be played.

And remember the old adage - a win against Clyde does not a season make