Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴 🟡

Falkirk 🔵⚪️ vs Thistle 🟡🔴  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Result Prediction

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 14:00

On 25/08/2024 at 20:36, Reggie Perrin said:

The gym equipment should be cleared out of the way before a home match.

Not quite. A friend of mine goes to the gym. The gym owner has been told (by the club) that there are only a few league games throughout the season where the gym equipment needs to be cleared out, presumably because the club anticipate that the away team will bring a support that needs the whole stand (and therefore four turnstyles). He wasn't told to clear it out before the Partick game - my guess is that someone at the club didn't anticipate the size of the crowd Partick would bring.

On 26/08/2024 at 03:30, Reggie Perrin said:

Very true but the gym company should have been made aware of the need to clear their equipment away for certain games.

They have been. For Saturday's game they weren't told to clear it.

21 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Not quite. A friend of mine goes to the gym. The gym owner has been told (by the club) that there are only a few league games throughout the season where the gym equipment needs to be cleared out, presumably because the club anticipate that the away team will bring a support that needs the whole stand (and therefore four turnstyles). He wasn't told to clear it out before the Partick game - my guess is that someone at the club didn't anticipate the size of the crowd Partick would bring.

What if our good run comitues and we have demand from our own support to open part of the north stand. Surely that scenario has been considered? We were only a few hundred of it at the weekend there.

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

What if our good run comitues and we have demand from our own support to open part of the north stand. Surely that scenario has been considered? We were only a few hundred of it at the weekend there.

Then I would think they will remove the equipment.

This issue has been made to seem like a mountain out of a mole hill. One instance of this, based on poor intel from the opposition club and now calls for long-standing protocols to be changed seems like an over-reaction.

35 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Yes, there are plans in place for that. If it gets to a stage that the gym needs to get emptied for every home game, it will. I'm just saying that the reason it wasn't emptied at the weekend was because the club hadn't told the gym owner it needed to be.