East Fife v Forfar Athletic (Sat 17 Aug)

Forfar may well be the worst team we play this season, we played well lacking a cutter edge and a proper right back, Fash is getting better holding up the ball much better and a superb free kick. 

If someone can teach Mcfarlane how to kick a dead ball I'd be delighted. 

A striker and a right back that can run please and the squad will be in a much better place! 

12 minutes ago, Mattyboyd8 said:

Forfar may well be the worst team we play this season, we played well lacking a cutter edge and a proper right back, Fash is getting better holding up the ball much better and a superb free kick. 

If someone can teach Mcfarlane how to kick a dead ball I'd be delighted. 

A striker and a right back that can run please and the squad will be in a much better place! 

I’m all for kicking a club when they’re down but Forfar were far better than Edinburgh City last week!!!

Edited by King Kebab

12 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I’m all for kicking a club when they’re down but Forfar were far better than Edinburgh City last week!!!

Just you wait till Ray sees this post, he'll have Edinburgh city looking like 2002 Brazil when we face them next weekend.

Don’t think anyone who witnessed the 90 minutes would say East Fife didn’t deserve the win. I can understand Forfar fans being frustrated watching that style of football every week. Forfar are all about stopping the opposition playing at all costs with little to nothing in the final third. Don’t get me wrong they are well organised and the opposition will find it hard to break them down but as soon as they lose a goal you would find it difficult to see them creating much to get back in the game. As it was it took 2 set piece situations to break them down Austin’s brilliant free kick and Troutens penalty. Referee was very poor Forfar committed foul after foul but ref only chose to book anyone that talked back to him.. Been a decent bounce back from the Fife after our horror defensive show at Elgin. We still seem to be giving up cheap goals on Tuesday and today both goals definitely preventable. Next up Stirling Albion away who had a big result today. Hopefully the ghost of Borough Briggs will be laid to rest and we can take our home form on the road. 

12 minutes ago, fifer67 said:

Don’t think anyone who witnessed the 90 minutes would say East Fife didn’t deserve the win. I can understand Forfar fans being frustrated watching that style of football every week. Forfar are all about stopping the opposition playing at all costs with little to nothing in the final third. Don’t get me wrong they are well organised and the opposition will find it hard to break them down but as soon as they lose a goal you would find it difficult to see them creating much to get back in the game. As it was it took 2 set piece situations to break them down Austin’s brilliant free kick and Troutens penalty. Referee was very poor Forfar committed foul after foul but ref only chose to book anyone that talked back to him.. Been a decent bounce back from the Fife after our horror defensive show at Elgin. We still seem to be giving up cheap goals on Tuesday and today both goals definitely preventable. Next up Stirling Albion away who had a big result today. Hopefully the ghost of Borough Briggs will be laid to rest and we can take our home form on the road. 

You’ve described us perfectly , we can see it opposition fans can see it, why can’t the board ??

2 hours ago, C_titz said:

You’ve described us perfectly , we can see it opposition fans can see it, why can’t the board ??

Why can't the board? - because we're not yet 10th and on the verge of dropping into the Highland League.

29 minutes ago, Bridie Vision said:

Why can't the board? - because we're not yet 10th and on the verge of dropping into the Highland League.

I don't even see that triggering the jotters. he's here as long as he wants to be.

20 minutes ago, Granty1903 said:

Your joking,look at the replay in the highlights,he was wiped out 

There’s nothing close to contact.

second angle is even more damning than the first

Edited by lwh

1 hour ago, lwh said:

That’s an absolute howler of a dive by Austin. 

1 hour ago, Granty1903 said:

Your joking,look at the replay in the highlights,he was wiped out 

53 minutes ago, lwh said:

There’s nothing close to contact.

second angle is even more damning than the first

I'd say the highlights are inconclusive, no obvious wipe out, no damning angle.

Yeah, I don't think it's possible to be 100% sure whether there was enough contact to take Austin down or not. Both angles kind obscure the potential contact with either Austin or McCallum.

If it wasn't a foul, it was a very good dive.

One of these ones when you say "why on earth would you dive?".

Fash has taken it round the goalie, it's on his favoured left peg. Stick it in the pokey and he's on a hat-trick..

37 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

One of these ones when you say "why on earth would you dive?".

Fash has taken it round the goalie, it's on his favoured left peg. Stick it in the pokey and he's on a hat-trick..

Not commenting on the actual foul in question, but footballers have shown on plenty of occasions they'll dive when scoring looked easier.

Just now, May Rckinnon said:

Not commenting on the actual foul in question, but footballers have shown on plenty of occasions they'll dive when scoring looked easier.

As bizarre as the above is, it's also true.

Just to clarify, like MR, that is not a comment on the foul.

That is an absolute shocker of a dive from Austin, he's already chucking himself to the ground before McCallum's extended his left arm out. The latter's reaction says it all, keepers often protest a wee bit but never with that level of indignation.

13 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

That is an absolute shocker of a dive from Austin, he's already chucking himself to the ground before McCallum's extended his left arm out. The latter's reaction says it all, keepers often protest a wee bit but never with that level of indignation.

Behave yourself. As both sets of fans have said, the footage is inconclusive.

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Behave yourself. As both sets of fans have said, the footage is inconclusive.

You can very clearly see that he doesn't even attempt to take the next stride with his right foot, just trails it and sends himself to the ground when he sees McCallum is going to ground. I'd disagree with anyone who deems that inconclusive.