Early 6 Pointer Accies VS Dunfermline

Posted (edited)

That result has been coming for us for a few weeks now. Very scrappy game and I would argue we've played better in both games against Ayr, Raith and Ross County and walked away with 1 draw and 3 defeats however the main thing today was the 3 points and we got that so delighted with that and credit to the players and Rankin. The ref today was dreadful and was as good as a 12 man for Dunfermline with the amount of soft fouls they were given and there was 3 or 4 clear fouls on our players which weren't given. They seemed to be doing everything possible to Injure Martin so I'm quite glad we took him off. Otoo definitely should of been booked for Dunfermline. Hopefully the fan that took ill is OK that didn't look good. 

Hopefully we can build on that result today a game next week against a side who've had a few bad results and we've got a bit of revenge to give them after what happened last time we played them. 

Edited by Ian Mcleod

1 hour ago, Moysterclass said:

I'd be seriously worried if I was a Dunfermline fan after that. We almost handed it to yous a few times in the box and we still kept a clean sheet. 

You look at Dunfermline's upcoming games in the league 

They've still got Ayr at home this month

And next month they have a Raith side who will likely have a new manager so will likely have a bit of new manager bounce, Partick away and Queens Park at home 

I think they'll definitely be ending this month with 0 points however it wouldn't surprise me if by the end of September if they've still not picked up a point. 

4 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

The ref today was dreadful and was as good as a 12 man for Dunfermline with the amount of soft fouls they were given and there was 3 or 4 clear fouls on our players which weren't given.

Wow, I’ve found someone with a worse take on the game than McPake, who seems to think we were good in the second half. That’s impressive. Referee was terrible for both teams. A genuinely awful performance from the officials, getting lots of simple decisions wrong. Constantly giving throw ins the wrong way, missing obvious fouls for both teams.

Early on, Hamilton’s number 5 was going right through Kane whenever the ball went near them. Apparently 4/5 fouls in 25 mins isn’t persistent fouling? Surely our 12th man would be happy to give a booking? He stopped one of our attacks and booked Ritchie-Hosler cause an Hamilton player tried to trip him up and ended up falling over himself. Even at the end of the game, he gave Hamilton a free kick because there were a few players on the ground. They’d dived to the ground to stop us getting a shot on goal - defending well, and got a free kick for that. On the flip side, there was one decision that was met with laughter in the away end, when Kane pushed the defender over on the touchline. Obvious free kick to Hamilton and probably a booking, but the referee gave us a throw. The officials were terrible, but they weren’t biased despite your strange attempts to claim that they were.

We’re awful and will be going down without a fight, unless we get a new manager and a few new players. 

Yup, ref was shocking for both teams. The Kane push that wasn’t given was laughable but 5 mins later Kane took a whack and nothing was given. The ref was hopeless and defenders simply had to fall over and the ref gave a free kick. Shocking. 

Not the best game or performance this season from Accies really but a win's a win.

Dunfermline look like us the season we went down to League 1.

The less said about the refereeing the better!

Pretty funny to complain about refereeing when he let Hamilton waste time at every opportunity since their goal in first half. Having the ballboys fully onboard with time-wasting is also pretty embarrassing. Mourinho levels of shithousery three games into a season. *slow hand clap*

Of course, if you hadn't time wasted, you might have humped us. So there is that. 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Wow, I’ve found someone with a worse take on the game than McPake, who seems to think we were good in the second half. That’s impressive. Referee was terrible for both teams. A genuinely awful performance from the officials, getting lots of simple decisions wrong. Constantly giving throw ins the wrong way, missing obvious fouls for both teams.

Early on, Hamilton’s number 5 was going right through Kane whenever the ball went near them. Apparently 4/5 fouls in 25 mins isn’t persistent fouling? Surely our 12th man would be happy to give a booking? He stopped one of our attacks and booked Ritchie-Hosler cause an Hamilton player tried to trip him up and ended up falling over himself. Even at the end of the game, he gave Hamilton a free kick because there were a few players on the ground. They’d dived to the ground to stop us getting a shot on goal - defending well, and got a free kick for that. On the flip side, there was one decision that was met with laughter in the away end, when Kane pushed the defender over on the touchline. Obvious free kick to Hamilton and probably a booking, but the referee gave us a throw. The officials were terrible, but they weren’t biased despite your strange attempts to claim that they were.

We’re awful and will be going down without a fight, unless we get a new manager and a few new players. 

You've missed the constant pulling and pushing yous got away with all game. Otoo should have been booked for his constant petty fouling that the referee seemed happy to let go then give fouls against us for. 

On the other hand, the Hosler one was laughable, as was the Kane one. 

Any Dunfermline fan complaining about the ref needs to give their head a wobble - you were favoured throughout and didn't make the most of it.

As for the game itself, I expected us to win against a poor opponent, and I expect us to build on it with 3 points next week also.

Dunfermline will be in the bottom 2 this season, we won't, and I look forward to seeing how they, Morton, and Clydebank fight it out for 9th spot.

9 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

You've missed the constant pulling and pushing yous got away with all game. Otoo should have been booked for his constant petty fouling that the referee seemed happy to let go then give fouls against us for. 

On the other hand, the Hosler one was laughable, as was the Kane one. 

You’ve conveniently ignored when I said the ref was “missing obvious fouls for both teams”. The entire point I was making was he was terrible for both teams. I was giving examples to disprove the other guy’s argument the referee was biased. I didn’t think that was hard to understand. I’d be here all day if I was trying to list every mistake he made/obvious foul he missed.

15 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

Pretty funny to complain about refereeing when he let Hamilton waste time at every opportunity since their goal in first half. Having the ballboys fully onboard with time-wasting is also pretty embarrassing. Mourinho levels of shithousery three games into a season. *slow hand clap*

Of course, if you hadn't time wasted, you might have humped us. So there is that. 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Main takeaway from yesterday was that we're shite but Dunfermline are marginally shiter. 

Don't think it's going to be a particularly fun season for either team.

3 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Main takeaway from yesterday was that we're shite but Dunfermline are marginally shiter. 

Don't think it's going to be a particularly fun season for either team.

The only way we finish 8th or higher is getting a couple of bodies in that are experienced at this level (particularly up front and left back) and also completely change the coaching staff. McPake is a dead man walking. We will get horsed off Ayr and Raith (on live television) which will be 8 competitive games on the trot ending in a defeat (with 1 goal probably scored) We are proper f**ked unless these changes happen pronto.