Match Outcome  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/24 at 13:59

A side relegated from the Championship with a manager the fans desperately wanted binned. Inexplicably made bookies favourites for the league, yet make a start that screams successive relegations. Funny how 2018/19 simultaneously feels like a lifetime ago and not all that long ago…

Unfortunately for us, the Arbroath board has acted about 6 games more quickly than the Sons board did back then, and will no doubt see a significant reaction next week.

We’ve had a pretty encouraging start to the season, but could do with getting a win on the board to properly kickstart things. Back-to-back home games is obviously a decent chance to do that. Suspect we may see goals again, but I’d say all bets are off after the McIntyre punting.

15 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

A side relegated from the Championship with a manager the fans desperately wanted binned. Inexplicably made bookies favourites for the league, yet make a start that screams successive relegations. Funny how 2018/19 simultaneously feels like a lifetime ago and not all that long ago…

Unfortunately for us, the Arbroath board has acted about 6 games more quickly than the Sons board did back then, and will no doubt see a significant reaction next week.

We’ve had a pretty encouraging start to the season, but could do with getting a win on the board to properly kickstart things. Back-to-back home games is obviously a decent chance to do that. Suspect we may see goals again, but I’d say all bets are off after the McIntyre punting.

Another coincidence from 2018 is that our first game after Stevie Aitken left was away to Arbroath. Which ended in a home win with Durrant as caretaker.

Just now, microdave said:

Another coincidence from 2018 is that our first game after Stevie Aitken left was away to Arbroath. Which ended in a home win with Durrant as caretaker.

And then basically the day after Durrant left he was in the papers for humiliating himself with sectarian comments at some Sevco event with Barry Ferguson et al IIRC.

It would be great if whatever camera did the Berwick highlights could show this game… Having not been able to watch any of our games so far has sucked. I’m sure I saw that Arbroath show their home games, but I’m guessing that doesn’t extend to away games.

It's a real shame we couldn't give Jim McIntyre a big welcome home on Saturday. Really inconsiderate of Arbroath to sack him, IMHO.

I suspect we'll keep the team much the same but I would like to see Greg Young given more minutes in order to get Matty Shiels further up the park and Kalvin Orsi switched the right side, where he's at his best. Would be handy to add this missing centre back this week too. Eager to get a home win on the board early, hopefully we can do enough to get it here.

I'm supposed to be away for this one, though that may prove weather dependent. As I'll be in the hills and without signal I won't even know the score until I get back sometime on Sunday, so I look forward to checking in here then and discovering we've won 6 nil.

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Really sad to see the Smokies hurting so badly that they're not the part-time darlings of the Championship anymore.

Don't worry, guys. We're here for you.

This is obsessed levels? Please stop, it is all in your head

In regard to game I don’t see how we don’t get over run in the middle of the park with Dumbarton having Gray and Niang in there, both who I would take in a heart beat

So we’re going to have to find a way of getting wingers down the wings and balls into the box for Gallagher and Reilly. There is absolutely no way we will set out to slow the game down and hold on to the ball for as long as possible and find the correct ‘passing channels’ though which is very much welcome. 

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In regard to game I don’t see how we don’t get over run in the middle of the park with Dumbarton having Gray and Niang in there, both who I would take in a heart beat

So we’re going to have to find a way of getting wingers down the wings and balls into the box for Gallagher and Reilly. There is absolutely no way we will set out to slow the game down and hold on to the ball for as long as possible and find the correct ‘passing channels’ though which is very much welcome. 

tumblr_1c62388511f138c01271e6fc1601165d_27718051_400.gif.b6714dad062d6d2baf6a570553d17e0d.gif

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good luck having joy down the wings, the pitch is narrower than ExiledLichties brain. 

9 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

tumblr_1c62388511f138c01271e6fc1601165d_27718051_400.gif.b6714dad062d6d2baf6a570553d17e0d.gif

I am genuinely being serious I’ve noticed wee comments like that all summer. This narrative about not taking it well because we’re no longer the part time team in championship etc? It's bizarre 

I don't know if any other Dumbarton fans remember this but I was regularly popping in saying fkn brilliant and all sorts of other praise when you were in the Championship and getting big results, banging on about how much I was annoyed at Stephen Grindlay - certainly wasn’t sitting waiting on your downfall so I could come on here and start having a go at you lot getting too big for your boots and having the audacity at being buzzing and happy about achieving what you did.

Arbroath have come a long way off the park in that time but at the end of the day with the way things are at the moment and with so many FT clubs putting good money in and getting their shit together we are not a Championship level club and we all accept that we are just wanting to be better than 1 league win in a calendar year when it is approaching September 

It seems like projection and a you problem 

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Good luck having joy down the wings, the pitch is narrower than ExiledLichties brain. 

🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I heard a rumour that, if anything, it's looking even narrower this season. 

The pitch, that is. I can't speak for ExiledLichties brain.

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I am genuinely being serious I’ve noticed wee comments like that all summer. This narrative about not taking it well because we’re no longer the part time team in championship etc? It's bizarre 

I don't know if any other Dumbarton fans remember this but I was regularly popping in saying fkn brilliant and all sorts of other praise when you were in the Championship and getting big results, banging on about how much I was annoyed at Stephen Grindlay - certainly wasn’t sitting waiting on your downfall so I could come on here and start having a go at you lot getting too big for your boots and having the audacity at being buzzing and happy about achieving what you did.

Arbroath have come a long way off the park in that time but at the end of the day with the way things are at the moment and with so many FT clubs putting good money in and getting their shit together we are not a Championship level club and we all accept that we are just wanting to be better than 1 league win in a calendar year when it is approaching September 

It seems like projection and a you problem 

🤣🤣

Are Dumbarton fans trying to set this up as some sort of grudge match or rivalry or something?  I'm struggling to think of a league 1 club I have less feelings about either way.  They seem to be utterly rattled by us, and I really can't fathom why.  Should they not be focusing their rivalry on BSC or whatever no marks it is they are groundsharing with?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are Dumbarton fans trying to set this up as some sort of grudge match or rivalry or something?  I'm struggling to think of a league 1 club I have less feelings about either way.  They seem to be utterly rattled by us, and I really can't fathom why.  Should they not be focusing their rivalry on BSC or whatever no marks it is they are groundsharing with?

Right, that's it. We are so stealing your highlights.

Edited by FifeSons

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A donner and a salt and chilli my sources have confirmed. 

Oooft. I might have to fire up the jet.

I still think about the donner tikka chasni one from Stirling quite often.

A mere £323 to do this as a day trip. 🥲

image.thumb.png.54f473282c462158b193c9b28a3bb47b.png

Edited by FifeSons