Table topping Ayr V Manager less Raith

Ayr better hope none of the top flight managers, especially David Gray, get sacked whilst you are on this run of form. With results since Brown took over + his reputation in Scottish football he is going to be the favourite for any top flight job that becomes available.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

3 league games in and we've barely created a chance. Brown has a big job on his hands to turn this around. 

And that's exactly why we ditched Murray. Even in the league Cup games we created little and got lucky on occasions. 

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Ayr better hope none of the top flight managers, especially David Gray, get sacked whilst you are on this run of form. With results since Brown took over + his reputation in Scottish football he is going to be the favourite for any top flight job that becomes available.

Rangers?

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

His kicking HAS been much improved, it IS being addressed. Have you never regressed at anything you've tried?

What have what I’ve ever done in life got to do with our goalkeepers abilities? Seriously. Not hanging anyone out to dry but that flaw in his game cost us any chance of 3 points. Mind you, don’t think we were ever in danger of scoring in that game so probably cost us only the 1 point. 

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Like Malky Mackay is going to recommend anyone other than himself for the Hibs job when it comes up 😂

Even the home fans around me were commenting on Dabrowskis kicking. It was hopeless and most of them were barely making it over the half way line. 

I thought Raith made it hard in the second half for us but offered less than nothing going forward - even before the red card. 

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Might be your job up first with your current pointless start to the season and looking like crashing out of Europe twice

16 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

That's the most toothless performance I've seen from a team against us in years. Raith never looked like scoring, even with 11. Easy days.

I’m not sure who picked the team for us, but anyone could see it would be absolutely powderpuff upfront.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m not sure who picked the team for us, but anyone could see it would be absolutely powderpuff upfront.

Callum Smith and the guy that just arrived on loan are all we've got at the moment. Too many injuries and it was always going ro be difficult unfortunately. 

Not good. 

23 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

What have what I’ve ever done in life got to do with our goalkeepers abilities? Seriously. Not hanging anyone out to dry but that flaw in his game cost us any chance of 3 points. Mind you, don’t think we were ever in danger of scoring in that game so probably cost us only the 1 point. 

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even the home fans around me were commenting on Dabrowskis kicking. It was hopeless and most of them were barely making it over the half way line. 

Big Kev's kicking was a weakness when he joined us. He slowly improved last year, and this year had started out in excellent form. He clearly had a bad day today (kicking, that is), so it's a bit harsh to slate him other than saying TODAY his kicking had flaws.

Edit: P.S. He had an issue last year kicking after an injury, given we're walking wounded so far and he was knocked about about the last couple of games, I wonder...

Edited by TxRover

I know Raith are hamstrung with injuries but they showed a serious lack of ambition/talent going forward today. McMann and Stanger absolutely strolled that and I can't recall any meaningful shots from a Rovers player apart from one strike straight at Stone at the end. Very controlled performance from Scott Brown's Ayr United and another 3 points closer to safety. 

I actually didn't think Raith were that bad today. Actually thought they might nick one when we couldn't add a second. 

We didn't create as many chances as usual. No bad performances but we look a better team when Watret starts at right back. What a player he looks to be.

Good to see Paddy Reading looking a lot more confident and Jake Hastie looking decent when he came on. Even Walker starting to contribute. 

Just now, davidkennedyshand said:

I actually didn't think Raith were that bad today. Actually thought they might nick one when we couldn't add a second. 

We didn't create as many chances as usual. No bad performances but we look a better team when Watret starts at right back. What a player he looks to be.

Good to see Paddy Reading looking a lot more confident and Jake Hastie looking decent when he came on. Even Walker starting to contribute. 

They literally offered nothing? 

We created less chances as they sat on their 18 yard box for the entire game..

Despite their injuries, they are a far far better side than that. 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That was like a league two team coming to sit in and shitfest, bizarre. 

Watret is a sensational talent. 

Would say that’s the easiest game our defence have had so far and I include the Airdrie game in that. 

Agreed, Watret was outstanding but I feel like we didn’t use him enough in the first half. Reading is playing out his skin at the minute so it’s good that we’ve found ourselves with dangerous full backs on both sides for a change. 

Thought Watret and Reading played excellent today. 

Was a definite red card Raith player clearly clawed ball away. Would be annoyed if I was a Raith fan given how cheap the goal and red card originated. 

Thought quite a few times that the 2nd half was quite scrappy, Walker took his goal very well. 

45 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Would say that’s the easiest game our defence have had so far and I include the Airdrie game in that. 

Agreed, Watret was outstanding but I feel like we didn’t use him enough in the first half. Reading is playing out his skin at the minute so it’s good that we’ve found ourselves with dangerous full backs on both sides for a change. 

Yeah - when Paddy is confident you can immediately tell he’s actually a very good technical footballer. 

Watret genuinely has everything - good one v one, wins headers, good on the ball, can go past people and has a final ball. Absolutely ludicrous talent! I’ve not seen anything like him at Ayr at that age. 

Not to get too carried away 😂 I’m sure he’ll have a dip at some point this season. 

Raith clearly knew about our right hand side as they had so many numbers over there, especially first half. 

Edited by No_Problemo