The the Rangers v The Staggies @HampdenBabyYeah

3 hours ago, Sonam said:

That 2nd half if the United game, a team we should be beating at home was shocking. Sure, a very late equaliser, but it was terrible.

You're not wrong, but the combination of the first half performance & the late equaliser were both about enough to leave me feeling good. 

22 hours ago, Lanky Highlander said:

The arse who spent the whole game challenging 47k Rangers fans to a fight then fired a pie at them on the way up the stairs when he was getting lifted deserves special mention). 

@Matty-RCFC ? 🤔

Screenshot_20240825-1622382.thumb.png.0f69d7327c6b20048e1a6277fbbed2ea.pngScreenshot_20240825-1620582.thumb.png.1f60a065a7b2513025e8bef93556388d.png

As another aside... It's been drawn to my attention (and a quick look at the BBC report would seem to confirm) that we replaced SIX players with substitutes over the course of the game... I'm of the understanding you can only use 5, and that you can be docked a point for exceeding that, so I'm just confused on all kinds of levels... Anyone know what's going on there...?!

23 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

@Matty-RCFC ? 🤔

Screenshot_20240825-1622382.thumb.png.0f69d7327c6b20048e1a6277fbbed2ea.pngScreenshot_20240825-1620582.thumb.png.1f60a065a7b2513025e8bef93556388d.png

As another aside... It's been drawn to my attention (and a quick look at the BBC report would seem to confirm) that we replaced SIX players with substitutes over the course of the game... I'm of the understanding you can only use 5, and that you can be docked a point for exceeding that, so I'm just confused on all kinds of levels... Anyone know what's going on there...?!

That has to be a BBC f**k up, right? There's no way we can be so amateur hour that we brought off Harmon when we'd already used all our subs, surely? And then nobody on Radio Scotland noticed during the game. Or on Sportscene. OK, that part I believe.

10 minutes ago, forkboy said:

That has to be a BBC f**k up, right? There's no way we can be so amateur hour that we brought off Harmon when we'd already used all our subs, surely? And then nobody on Radio Scotland noticed during the game. Or on Sportscene. OK, that part I believe.

The thing is, the guy who brought it to my attention sent me a non-BBC screenshot:

Screenshot_20240825-170616.thumb.png.f4cdc6ffdceb37b152712ce17bd8561f.png

I don't know where this comes from - maybe others on here would recognise the source? And maybe it's just the case that one source stole from the other source, not realising a mistake was made...? 🤷‍♂️

56 minutes ago, The Great Stagsby said:

@Matty-RCFC ? 🤔

Is it maybe to do with us using a concussion sub for Balogun? I’ve got a feeling that permits both teams to make an extra sub.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Is it maybe to do with us using a concussion sub for Balogun? I’ve got a feeling that permits both teams to make an extra sub.

I wondered if there was some kind of "One extra sub allowed for every goal you concede beyond 5" rule I wasn't aware of.

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

This looks the most likely explanation.

"When a concussion substitute is used, the opposing team has the option to use an additional substitute for any reason."

Press Release | SPFL

Whilst County had a bit of a nightmare defensively, it was pleasing to see us create a lot more dangerous chances considering that’s been one of our main issues this season.

For all his faults, Dessers does have a good scoring rate. That’s him on 5 for the season already and it was mentioned he has 12 in his last 15 appearances overall. If he could actually finish he’d be lethal 😂

Matondo putting in his best performance in a Rangers jersey the week he is linked with Leeds is maybe a bit cynical, but if we keep him beyond the end of the window, he has to be a lot more consistent.

17 hours ago, AndyX said:

This looks the most likely explanation.

"When a concussion substitute is used, the opposing team has the option to use an additional substitute for any reason."

Press Release | SPFL

The more you know. Hadn't heard that rule, glad the County staff pay attention to the rules even if not the lack of width in the team

In last week's League Cup game at Motherwell, Kilmarnock made 7 substitutions. Five in the one stoppage (which I'd never seen before but I remember when it was only two subs on the bench), one for extra time and one for a concussion. It was news to me then as well.