Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

So this goes ahead as planned. Increasingly convinced that mcinnes is making noises about the fixture scheduling to put pressure on us rather than anything else. 

He’s creating a narrative that European excursions leave killie there for the taking. I don’t believe him for a second, he’ll fancy that he can certainly frustrate a draw out of us at the very least. 

Another good test for us against a side we couldn’t lay a glove on in the league last season. Only the bold Neil warnock could do that. 

I think a frustrating draw is what I’m predicting. 

You kind of realise how annoying McInnes is when he isn't in charge of your club. I always used to think that opposition fans were just irritated by him being a broadly successful manager when he was with us, but I have realised since he left us that he is just a really grating bloke. 

15 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Where was Derek's complaints after we played them last season at half 12 when we'd played on the Thursday...

Why would he be complaining about that, surely Robson should have been the one complaining?

This will be a fringe team obviously, but not a rubbish one. Wonder if Ndaba will be fit enough to think about starting it, Deas and someone else at centre-back, probably Anderson and Wales up front, probably another rare start for GMS and maybe Armstrong on the other wing, and presumably Polworth and one other in the middle.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Why would he be complaining about that, surely Robson should have been the one complaining?

He feels that it's unfair the SPFL scheduled him away from home after your European game.

I'm asking why he didn't think the scheduling was a problem last season, when we were scheduled away from home with a 1230 kick off.

I can see the temptation for managers to engage in this tbf. And robson absolutely did make his excuses, no matter how much he started an interview with ‘I don’t want to make excuses’. 

But someone should tell Derek he isn’t as subtle as he thinks. 

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

He feels that it's unfair the SPFL scheduled him away from home after your European game.

I'm asking why he didn't think the scheduling was a problem last season, when we were scheduled away from home with a 1230 kick off.

I doubt he actually thinks the fixtures should be scheduled to be kind to teams based on potential Europe participation. 

37 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

How do you know he didn't think it was a problem? Was he asked?

Can see from the clip that he's obviously reacting in the heat of the moment having been beaten in frustrating circumstances, but that doesn't make his point, and any defence of it, any less worthy of ridicule.

Thank goodness they're getting papped out next week, otherwise presumably we'd have another 4 or 5 months of complaints because they've not been able to hand pick the fixtures that they'd have liked.

They seemed to get awfully excited at qualifying for Europe, yet it feels like it's been constant moaning at the realities of it since. Even Hearts seem to just get on with it.

Need to make sure we're back in about it next season, although Derek will probably have a stroke when he realises the League Cup groups aren't regionalised any more.

28 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Anyway, easy victory for Jimmy's ladz. McInnes was a serial bed shitter post Europe. 

Hmmmm

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Have confidence. Believe in Jimmy.

I've had 61 years of having my hopes raised, usually to be severely disappointed. Even Alex Ferguson let me down occasionally

51 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Can see from the clip that he's obviously reacting in the heat of the moment having been beaten in frustrating circumstances, but that doesn't make his point, and any defence of it, any less worthy of ridicule.

Thank goodness they're getting papped out next week, otherwise presumably we'd have another 4 or 5 months of complaints because they've not been able to hand pick the fixtures that they'd have liked.

They seemed to get awfully excited at qualifying for Europe, yet it feels like it's been constant moaning at the realities of it since. Even Hearts seem to just get on with it.

Need to make sure we're back in about it next season, although Derek will probably have a stroke when he realises the League Cup groups aren't regionalised any more.

Given he's already played in them twice with us he probably won't.