Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

25 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Question for the Killie fans.

Watson looked miles off it today. Was brilliant every time I've seen him before. Looks like he was hooked to change shape today.

Is he struggling, or just one of those games?

They’d have been better keeping him on and taking off one of the hammer throwers Donnelly or Lyons off.

15 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Never change, Derek.

Screenshot_20240825-175013.png

McInnes has turned into a right moan. 

As for his reading of the game, if you thought it changed on the red card, you must have been asleep prior to that

4 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

McInnes has turned into a right moan. 

As for his reading of the game, if you thought it changed on the red card, you must have been asleep prior to that

He was a moan with us.

That's just a typical Derek interview after a defeat.

I thought that would be our most difficult test under Thelin so far but we navigated it easily enough, which is a credit to him and the players.

We were really solid out of possession with Nilsen and Shinnie continuing to provide that secure and physical base. We were clearly happy to let Kilmarnock have the ball in certain areas, knowing that they are unlikely to create anything centrally. Rubezic was imperious throughout, and both he and Molloy did a good job of containing Watkins and Anderson. Anderson isn't a good player, but having both him and Watkins to contend with after Watson was hooked did give a different, more direct threat which McInnes is clearly more comfortable coaching, but our shape and solidity - along with their own lack of creativity - prevented them from creating any chances.

Gueye is a funny player. Two excellent headers, well placed. But his touch is still, um, variable and you will occasionally have to make concessions for him out of possession. Still, his physicality is an asset and you can tell his sheer presence spooks defenders, especially at crosses and set pieces. McGrath probably edged it for my MOTM, great movement and both carried and passed the ball forward effectively. Nilsen, Shinnie, Rubezic and Molloy all really solid. Mackenzie mostly good down the left side, and unfortunately robbed of an assist by another bad Sokler miss - if Nisbet can get up to speed quickly then I don't think he will have too many problems displacing him. 

1 minute ago, Fide said:

Weird that Dons fans are equally as obsessed with McInnes even after a win. Move on, lads, move on. 

6 months ago killie patter was rightly that we were shite, now reduced to ‘uh guys, stop saying things about our manager’. Pleasing. 

4 minutes ago, Fide said:

Weird that Dons fans are equally as obsessed with McInnes even after a win. Move on, lads, move on. 

Did you read how laughable his post match quote was? No manager could expect anything, but ridicule for that. Despite being very lucky to not be three nil down and creating next to nothing you “ finished the first half the better team”. I’m not sure if he meant that you had possession of the ball when the half time whistle was blown? On that basis it might be factually correct? In any other way it is pure fantasy.

It's typical post-match spin from a manager who has lost a game so I wouldn't read much into it, but we were perfectly happy for Kilmarnock to have the ball at the end of the first half because they clearly had no idea what to do with it. 

I thought Rubezic and Molloy looked very assured today and no real defensive mistakes.  Gueye definitely a threat from set pieces but he dithers on the ball a lot which seems to slow our play down, especially when we want to move the ball quickly.  Good performance all round.  Killie were awful with Watkins and Kennedy anonymous. 

51 minutes ago, EdmontonDandy said:

I thought Rubezic and Molloy looked very assured today and no real defensive mistakes.  Gueye definitely a threat from set pieces but he dithers on the ball a lot which seems to slow our play down, especially when we want to move the ball quickly.  Good performance all round.  Killie were awful with Watkins and Kennedy anonymous. 

Kennedy was so poor he didn't even get a reaction from the crowd as he went off 🤣

I don't want to come across as being infatuated by Derek McInnes and I like Derek McInnes. But his after match interview with the BBC has the Stephen Robinson fairy tale feel to it.