Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

Just now, kingjoey said:

I don't want to come across as being infatuated by Derek McInnes and I like Derek McInnes. But his after match interview with the BBC has the Stephen Robinson fairy tale feel to it.

It's probably something to do with being in Europe, which we wouldn't understand...

I thought that, compared to his high standards with us, Jamie McGrath was pretty ordinary last week. Today he was brilliant and my man of the match. Shinnie and Nilsen weren't far behind and it was great to see them dominate the midfield today. Some great football played, particularly in the first half, and they are a joy to watch just now.

35 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I don't want to come across as being infatuated by Derek McInnes and I like Derek McInnes. But his after match interview with the BBC has the Stephen Robinson fairy tale feel to it.

Think he’s just defending his team tbf. Much like a lot of the noise he’s made this week. 

2 minutes ago, Fide said:

Each to their own, but I don't think I've ever commented on another team's manager's post match chat after we've won.

I certainly referred to this one quite a lot:

image.png.cfd367340e5a027d34f0a95788921271.png

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that, compared to his high standards with us, Jamie McGrath was pretty ordinary last week. Today he was brilliant and my man of the match. Shinnie and Nilsen weren't far behind and it was great to see them dominate the midfield today. Some great football played, particularly in the first half, and they are a joy to watch just now.

There's a lot to be said for Nilsen bouncing a two yard pass and then finding a better pass on the return.

Maybe too soon to judge but a definite upgrade on Barron for me.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

There's a lot to be said for Nilsen bouncing a two yard pass and then finding a better pass on the return.

It's a pretty common up - back - through coaching mechanism.

The 'bounce pass' is the trigger for the players ahead of the ball to make their pre-arranged movements off their markers.

5 minutes ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

It's a pretty common up - back - through coaching mechanism.

The 'bounce pass' is the trigger for the players ahead of the ball to make their pre-arranged movements off their markers.

Yeah, but we've had guys like McGeouch who done it with absolutely no benefit at all.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

We really need to sort the red card issue out.

Id focus on having a style of play not based on hoofball, diving and niggly fouls if i were you. More of a priority 

Oh! Lets not forget scoring goals

19 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Id focus on having a style of play not based on hoofball, diving and niggly fouls if i were you. More of a priority 

Oh! Lets not forget scoring

I definitely think keeping 11 men on the pitch for the entire game would give us a better chance.

2 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Just watching the highlights and I don't think that VAR should be getting involved there.

I don't think you could call it a 'clear and obvious error' whether he gave a red or yellow.

My instinct at the game was that it was a red card.

It is probably a borderline case for VAR intervention when a high bar is in place, but I think it would have been difficult for the referee to justify his initial decision when he was shown this angle on the monitor and was probably what swung Walsh (correctly, in my opinion) towards sending him for a review, along with the speed at which Lyons goes into the challenge.

image.thumb.png.7080044176c1a5ce3bc6e2fea097f789.png

Edited by DrewDon

One last word on mcinnes. My sincerest apologies @Fide, I can’t control my obsession. Watched his interview on killie tv to make my own judgement on his comments. 

- thought his comments on the game in general and the red card were pretty fair, skewed towards his own team but he doesn’t say anything outrageous

- he gave us absolutely no credit whatsoever. Not even a ‘tough opponent today’. Only reference to us was that we enjoyed the first half hour too much. Thought that was odd. 

- pre match he was moaning again about ‘self interest’ in relation to the European scheduling. Then in this interview he says ‘Europe is clearly hurting our domestic form, but no one is going to help us with that’. And there it is Derek, finally. The real issue with the scheduling, the harm done to the domestic campaign. Not the hurt it causes Scottish football. Self interest.