Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

15 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Question for the Killie fans.

Watson looked miles off it today. Was brilliant every time I've seen him before. Looks like he was hooked to change shape today.

Is he struggling, or just one of those games?

He was tremendous away to Copenhagen on Thursday, if that answers your question. 

Should start every game for us, when fully fit. 

39 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

He was tremendous away to Copenhagen on Thursday, if that answers your question. 

Should start every game for us, when fully fit. 

I thought it was odd to sacrifice him to change the shape as the other two were struggling just as much as him.

Did wonder if he has been struggling and that was why he was hooked.

His goal was one of the best seen at Pittodrie last season 🤣

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Nah, VAR should be leaving that alone. It’s marginal, ref booked him. You move on. 

Do wonder whether VAR would have got involved if it wasn't for the very clear advantage the ref didn't play.

By the letter of the law it probably is a red but the yellow was probably fair enough 

1 minute ago, HunterAFC said:

Do wonder whether VAR would have got involved if it wasn't for the very clear advantage the ref didn't play.

By the letter of the law it probably is a red but the yellow was probably fair enough 

I do think it is a red but not as obvious that VAR has to get involved.

Forgot to post on the ref yesterday. Bizarre performance. Brought a foul back to give a yellow for each team when there was a definite advantage to be played. That's why I was so angry about the yellow card for Lyons.

Thought the ref was broadly ok to be fair. Is he inexperienced? Don’t remember seeing him before. 

Thought in general the game flowed quite well. Surprised Donnelly never got booked and the couple of times he didn’t play advantage were irritating but generally pretty good. 

I think if you slide in at that pace, with your studs up, and catch an opposition player having gone over the ball, it’s almost always going to be a red card. Having watched it a couple more times, kind of rowing back on my initial take that it’s marginal to it being a pretty clear red card, even with a high bar for intervention. 

Back to usual league form for the Weegie cousins of William.

Aberdeen still to be tested by a decent team yet so only quietly optimistic that Thelin could be on to something here. Stills needs a couple of year though to build and evolve so hoping for patience and the same support when the sticky spells arrive. 

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

One last word on mcinnes. My sincerest apologies @Fide, I can’t control my obsession. Watched his interview on killie tv to make my own judgement on his comments. 

- thought his comments on the game in general and the red card were pretty fair, skewed towards his own team but he doesn’t say anything outrageous

- he gave us absolutely no credit whatsoever. Not even a ‘tough opponent today’. Only reference to us was that we enjoyed the first half hour too much. Thought that was odd. 

- pre match he was moaning again about ‘self interest’ in relation to the European scheduling. Then in this interview he says ‘Europe is clearly hurting our domestic form, but no one is going to help us with that’. And there it is Derek, finally. The real issue with the scheduling, the harm done to the domestic campaign. Not the hurt it causes Scottish football. Self interest. 

I'm sure Derek still loves you xx 

3 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Jesus, we/McInnes have really upset some of the Aberdeen fans. Great stuff. 

Kilmarnock haven't upset me in the slightest. After getting the run around from them three times last season it was nice to do it to them? as no doubt Kilmarnock fans will do the same to us if they give us a hard time in any of the remaining two/three league games. I like Derek McInnes, but was disappointed to see him give a Stephen Robinson/Stuart Kettlewell type after match interview after being outplayed.