Ross County v Aberdeen (5:45pm kick off, Sat 31st Aug)

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Devlin is no clown, and, as a slight defence, he's scored more goals than penalties conceded. Plus, if he hadn't accidentally handled tonight the ball would almost certainly have gone in the net.

'scored more goals than penalties conceded' is not the win you think it is.

I can think of three off the top of my head. There's also the Hibs one he was lucky not to concede.

Just now, DukDukGoose said:

I can think of three off the top of my head. There's also the Hibs one he was lucky not to concede.

St Mirren away and today. I can't think of another although there probably is at least one more. The 'scored more goals than penalties conceded' was more to emphasise my opinion that he is no clown.

Just now, kingjoey said:

St Mirren away and today. I can't think of another although there probably is at least one more. The 'scored more goals than penalties conceded' was more to emphasise my opinion that he is no clown.

Another stupid handball away to Hearts 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Played a big part in winning us the game today with his driving runs forward late on.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Please remember that Andy Considine was not considered a clown. By the bulk of our support anyway.

Andy came through the youth system and absolutely maximised his potential. This was after suffering some awful injuries.

Most were in agreement that he would be good enough to be back up at best in a good Aberdeen team. Devlin and Sokler are the glaring weak links at the moment.

Just now, lubo_blaha said:

Played a big part in winning us the game today with his driving runs forward late on.

Ok that makes up for it then.

53 minutes ago, Sonam said:

The problem with Aberdeen as a city, is you have a good percentage of the population wealthy. Some VERY wealthy. Even now, though the oil industry is dying. Yet at the same time, there are areas in that city that suffer from extreme poverty. I think it's some of the worst poverty in Scotland, I used to teach there, know the tough neighbourhoods.

The poverty is shocking actually, can't all be blamed on Thatcher either. I ain't an SNP fan either, don't like any political party at the moment. I sit on the fence I guess.

The city council & politicians over the years, decades really bled the city dry. Many should be locked up IMO!

Considering the boom years of oil, it should be a stunning city with excellent services with little poverty if any at all.

Decades of serious corruption, terrible decisions at best/blatent theft at worst. Look at other countries oil rich capitals outside 3rd world.

Even cities like Dundee have improved, it's a real shame....

This oil money you speak of, it didn't come to Aberdeen. High wages and high house prices did.

The council got nothing from the oil money barring abandoned buildings.

Aberdeen was perceived to be rich and got next to nothing of extra funding from Scottish or UK governments.

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Another stupid handball away to Hearts 👍🏻

Very harsh to blame him for that one. It was one of those ridiculous ones that VAR/Scottish referees were giving last season but were being penalised in virtually no other leagues. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

Very harsh to blame him for that one. It was one of those ridiculous ones that VAR/Scottish referees were giving last season but were being penalised in virtually no other leagues. 

I had thought so at the time.

Unfortunately, he has a habit of throwing his arms out going back to his time at Livi.

30 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

So is he saying almost 50% of Aberdeen fans are racist bigots?

I’ve no idea what the other guy is on about.

I was simply correcting your pal who said the expression “significant minority” didn’t make sense. 

2 hours ago, SaintSamuel said:

Generally speaking, outside of the Old Firm and Hearts, Aberdeen have the worst behaved fans in Scotland. A significant minority are violent, racist bigots. That said, surely we can’t be begrudging a pitch invasion for a 98th min winner away from home?

Away for a lie down you absolute fanny 😂

🤡

51 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Devlin and Sokler are the glaring weak links at the moment.

I'll give you Sokler, but, in my opinion, Devlin is nowhere near a glaring weak link. Just to use today as an example, without him we possibly lose that game. He stops an almost certain goal, and then has a great run with the ball, despite being fouled, and lays the ball off to Morris to set up the goal. Some people will laugh at me, you certainly, but I like Devlin. 

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I'll give you Sokler, but, in my opinion, Devlin is nowhere near a glaring weak link. Just to use today as an example, without him we possibly lose that game. He stops an almost certain goal, and then has a great run with the ball, despite being fouled, and lays the ball off to Morris to set up the goal. Some people will laugh at me, you certainly, but I like Devlin. 

I won't be laughing at you.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing Nicky Devlin with a couple of winners medals from his time at Aberdeen.

3 hours ago, Sonam said:

Even now, though the oil industry is dying. 

The Oil and Gas Industry is being sabotaged by a Government that only 33.7% of the country actually voted for, less than who voted for Jeremy Corbyn, who himself was a victim of a vindictive campaign by the current Prime Minister to label him antisemitic.

Meanwhile, that gormless twat Milliband, who 30% of the country voted for in 2015, who doesn't seem to understand that if we shutdown our own Oil and Gas Industry, we're still going to need to import Oil and Gas.

Yet content to press ahead to make thousands of people redundant, and many more indirectly reliant on the Oil and Gas Industry struggle. And this is supposed to a political party for the working classes.

Anyway, great three points today and lets keep this going against Motherwell.

i thought Ross county were very good yesterday and made life really difficult for us. Their shape and press was forcing us to go direct far too often I thought then even when we did get the ball up the park we were too slow. 

I think games like last night are a good reminder of why winning runs like this are so rare. That could so easily have gone the other way and on another day this season it probably will. what I would say though is that the relative solidity we have through the middle of the pitch now from keeper to centre halves to nilssen/shinnie means we look less prone to arse collapse, which gives us a better chance of pulling out moments like the one at the end. 

I think there’s still some question marks at the top end of the pitch. Sokler won’t be a starter much longer, and I could see vinnie replacing gueye from the start soon too. 

Also pleased for morris, whose criticism often goes way over the top.