Is Jim Spence okay?

47 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Any indication of what? A further indication that if you win games you are cool with his views but when you aren’t winning games you won’t be?

PS - I’m not taking the moral high ground here if it was one of my teams players I would probably do the same.

He got hounded by fans, got punished by the club for it, and is booed every time he plays for us by our fans.

I've literally no idea what your point is beyond not understanding that the applause wasn't for MacPherson. 

A totally bizarre hill to die on when he'll be roundly booed at the weekend by the Saints support too.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He got hounded by fans, got punished by the club for it, and is booed every time he plays for us by our fans.

I've literally no idea what your point is beyond not understanding that the applause wasn't for MacPherson. 

A totally bizarre hill to die on when he'll be roundly booed at the weekend by the Saints support too.

I’m not dying on any hill you have already said you weren’t at the game so you are literally commenting on something that you literally didn’t see.

Some of your fellow fans, who were at the game, literally commented about how Isurprised they were about the reaction McPherson got.

PS - It doesn’t need to be that one of us is right and one of us is wrong, I’m just calling it as I see it. On the day your positive result led to McPherson being cheered off. I’m not blaming your fans as I’ve said I probably would’ve done the same if it was one of our players and we were 3-0 up at your place…..I’m just using that reaction to justify my earlier (tongue in cheek) comment about Jim Spence.

Edited by Sortmeout

Just now, Sortmeout said:

I’m not dying on any hill you have already said you weren’t at the game so you are literally commenting on something that you literally didn’t see.

Some of your fellow fans, who were at the game, literally commented about how surprised they were about the reaction McPherson got.

And some have said it was for Sidibeh and not MacPherson. Why are you putting more stock in those who thought it was for MacPherson than those who think it was for the guy who had scored two goals?

I saw the game, and both going off the park virtually together. Sidibeh applauding the away support as he walks off while MacPherson doesn't even look over.

You're clearly trying to troll, as you're doing shite efforts all over the forum just now, but this one is just outing you as strange more than anything. I hope it's worth the joy you're getting from me "biting".

He's a wrong un and has publicly supported an even bigger wrong un who also writes for the same rag as him. He seems to be in the same milieu as others who 30-40 years ago were considered progressive then stood still as the world moved around them, fixed in their position and still demand to have that same level. Just peddles ignorant reactionary pish.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And some 

You're clearly trying to troll, as you're doing shite efforts all over the forum just now, but this one is just outing you as strange more than anything. I hope it's worth the joy you're getting from me "biting".

Exactly…so not everyone agrees that he was cheered off purely because he went off with Sidibe?

As for trolling, as stated above it was a tongue in cheek comment about Jim Spence that you’ve chosen to go back and forth with me on. Also, was your original user name on here not The Troll? 

ETA - tell me more about these shite trolling efforts “all over the forum” as I’ve hardly been on here. Nice to see you are keeping a close eye on my posts though.

Edited by Sortmeout

7 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

He has tweeted 162,200 times in 13 years.

~12,500 tweets per year.

Seems a lot...

It's only twice per every waking hour of yer life 🫥

10 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Was he ‘let go’ or did he - as many journos do these days - go freelance so he could work when he wanted and pay less tax?

I’m not the most avid radio listener these days but I’m sure he’s been on fairly often when I’ve been listening.

I suspect he was freelance at the time, as most contributers to the BBC's sport coverage are. So he wouldn't have been let go, just not asked back on.

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

Me, paid to write in the Courier whatever shite leaks out of my brain which has almost completely melted:

grr, youngsters these days have no idea what real work is.

It's the use of the emojis though😎

There's a certainly irony in him leaning on his Catholicism in tweets while DC Thomson is the only media organisation willing to pay him for his views.

1 hour ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

The thing that surprises me most about this thread is the number of people admit they still use Twitter/X. 

It's one of the most widely used social media sites. The vast majority of threads on this site have twitter posts on them.

11 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

He has tweeted 162,200 times in 13 years.

~12,500 tweets per year.

Seems a lot...

900 tweets in the last 30 days apparently.

Does anyone know of any good websites/apps to analyse tweets. It would be interesting to see if there was a shift during COVID as people have suggested.

Tried using Microsoft Copilot but it didn't want to go into politics. Only offered this

You
Sent by you:
can you tell me about @JimSpenceDundee 's posting style on x.com since March 2020

Copilot
Sent by Copilot:

Jim Spence, known as @JimSpenceDundee on X (formerly Twitter), has a distinctive posting style that often includes:

1. Social and Political Commentary: He frequently discusses social issues, particularly those related to Scotland. For example, he has addressed topics like anti-Catholicism in Scotland1.
  2. Humor and Wit: Jim often uses humor in his posts. For instance, he shared a humorous anecdote about receiving an email from a greetings card firm that started with "Jim, you are awesome"2.
  3. Engagement with Followers: He actively engages with his followers, responding to their comments and participating in conversations1.

Overall, his posts are a mix of serious commentary and light-hearted humor, making his feed both informative and entertaining.

Is there a specific aspect of his posts you’re interested in?

On 25/08/2024 at 11:12, Sortmeout said:

I will give you the benefit of the doubt as you weren’t there but even your own fans on here said they were surprised by the reaction he got.

I was there, and that’s exactly what happened. Sidibeh got the ovation, not MacPherson.
Self righteousness doesn’t become you, particularly when your own club is no paragon of virtue.

3 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Blocked him on X/Twitter because he seemed to be getting worse with his moon howling and all the while, generally being enabled by the courier.

The Courier is arguably the most successful local paper in the history of print journalism whilst all the while holding its readership in utter contempt.

You have to admire them really.

4 hours ago, andrewh said:

I was there, and that’s exactly what happened. Sidibeh got the ovation, not MacPherson.
Self righteousness doesn’t become you, particularly when your own club is no paragon of virtue.

With Love Pointing GIF by Amazon Prime Video