πŸ”΅πŸ¦ Raith Rovers v Livingston 🟑🦁 - 31st August 2024

After a managerial sacking, two defeats, and no goals from open play in the first 3 league games, it’s been a depressing start to the season for Rovers fans.

Livi seem to be tentatively feeling their way back into the Championship with two draws and a win against the team along the road who are bottom of the league. Can’t see it being a classic.

First game between the sides at Starks since 2016. Although we’ve had a few cup games at Livi over the years.

How will this one go?

If I was Mickey and Potter I would be praying for a forward to be fit to play.

For those who travelled to Ayr, did Lewis Jamieson do anything in his half hour on the pitch yesterday?

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

If I was Mickey and Potter I would be praying for a forward to be fit to play.

For those who travelled to Ayr, did Lewis Jamieson do anything in his half hour on the pitch yesterday?

He had a couple of decent touches but that was about it.

Β 

Could be doing with winning this, 8pts from our first 4 games would be a decent start, lose or another draw though and it's a bit meh.

Hopefully start Muirhead and Sole but i wont put my house on it, giving Green a start would also be a sign of intent to get the win. Can't see Shinnie being dropped though so feck knows how we'd fit in those 3 starting.

Think we'll keep the same team that drew against Morton, but if we were to "go for it" (bit more doubtful with us being away) I think I'd like to see something like this, which would still give us Yengi to bring off the bench if needed. Assuming Montano isn't fit enough to start, if he is I'd have him ahead of Notts.

George

BrandonΒ  -Β  McGowanΒ  -Β  NottinghamΒ  -Β  Clarke

KellyΒ  -Β  GreenΒ  -Β  Pittman

MuirheadΒ  -Β  MayΒ  -Β  Sole

1-1.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Think we'll keep the same team that drew against Morton, but if we were to "go for it" (bit more doubtful with us being away) I think I'd like to see something like this, which would still give us Yengi to bring off the bench if needed. Assuming Montano isn't fit enough to start, if he is I'd have him ahead of Notts.

George

BrandonΒ  -Β  McGowanΒ  -Β  NottinghamΒ  -Β  Clarke

KellyΒ  -Β  GreenΒ  -Β  Pittman

MuirheadΒ  -Β  MayΒ  -Β  Sole

1-1.

Drop Shinnie, start Sole and Muirhead together, PLAY GREEN

Martindale seeing this line up.

Does not compute - Imgflip

5 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Drop Shinnie, start Sole and Muirhead together, PLAY GREEN

Martindale seeing this line up.

Does not compute - Imgflip

Shinnie was arguably our best player against Morton.

Raith use Dylan Easton at attacking mid then Ross Matthews gets forwards from centre mid meaning they often have two players in that area. Therefore, whoever plays holding mid for us is going to have a lot of defensive work on their hands. It'll surely be Brandon rather than Green.Β 

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Shinnie was arguably our best player against Morton.

I'm not disputing he has done a decent job, has set up goals in a few games too, either with an assist or the pass to the assisted pass, my problem with him is, he's part of the slow build up play that's getting us draws instead of wins. We've equally good players not getting games, or getting sub appearances while he starts, ones that would have us playing quicker looking attacking football, and imo get us more goals so we start winning those games.

And he wont change how he plays to quicken things up, you know what you're getting with Shinnie, and speedy movement isn't it.

46 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Raith use Dylan Easton at attacking mid then Ross Matthews gets forwards from centre mid meaning they often have two players in that area. Therefore, whoever plays holding mid for us is going to have a lot of defensive work on their hands. It'll surely be Brandon rather than Green.Β 

Supposedly we're not all about what other team's players do, and it's more on what ours do, leaving good attacking players like Green out to try and nullify opposition players is how we played in the Premiership, and how we lost a cup final against St Johnstone. Also think Green's good at ball winning too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER