SWPL 24/25

For any discussion about the league but I'll start with a moan.

Went along to United v Hearts on Sunday. I bought a ST but probably more of a donation as I doubt I'll have time to attend many but I'm certainly not enthused to return.

The club are now charging for entry (they maybe always did but men's ST holders got in free) - £7 which is more expensive than Midlands League. For that there are no food and drink options and you can't go to the toilet at HT as the only toilets are in the changing area.

My ST was 60 for 16 games which is pretty reasonable. 

It felt really weird as I'm 99% sure I was the only person there not on the staff or personally related to a player but that's my hangups.

The football is what it is. The distance between the top 5 and the worst 5 is an utter chasm. I don't know what good it does anyone but short of having leagues of 5 what do you do?

I'm not sure what the rationale is for 4pm kick offs on a Sunday but I'm not sure it's conducive to decent crowds. That's OK though because Uniteds set up means you can only have about 200 in attendance anyway.

In better news the coverage of the team on the clubs social media is growing all the time and the there does seem to be an effort to showcase but unless we invest on the park nobody will be coming back.

Id put decent money on a double figure doing from Rangers on Sunday but at least that will be Old Firm, Hearts and Hibs out of the way.

Anyway I hope everyone else enjoys their football.

Edited by invergowrie arab

44 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The football is what it is. The distance between the top 5 and the worst 5 is an utter chasm. I don't know what good it does anyone but short of having leagues of 5 what do you do?

They are cutting top tier from 12 to 10 from next season, with 6/4 split after 18 games... and only 28/24 games in total (albeit playing so few games has its own issues in credibility and certainly £ sustainability).

On 27/08/2024 at 23:02, invergowrie arab said:

For any discussion about the league but I'll start with a moan.

Went along to United v Hearts on Sunday. I bought a ST but probably more of a donation as I doubt I'll have time to attend many but I'm certainly not enthused to return.

The club are now charging for entry (they maybe always did but men's ST holders got in free) - £7 which is more expensive than Midlands League. For that there are no food and drink options and you can't go to the toilet at HT as the only toilets are in the changing area.

My ST was 60 for 16 games which is pretty reasonable. 

It felt really weird as I'm 99% sure I was the only person there not on the staff or personally related to a player but that's my hangups.

I'm not sure what the rationale is for 4pm kick offs on a Sunday but I'm not sure it's conducive to decent crowds. That's OK though because Uniteds set up means you can only have about 200 in attendance anyway.

In better news the coverage of the team on the clubs social media is growing all the time and the there does seem to be an effort to showcase but unless we invest on the park nobody will be coming back.

Id put decent money on a double figure doing from Rangers on Sunday but at least that will be Old Firm, Hearts and Hibs out of the way.

Anyway I hope everyone else enjoys their football.

Ever thought you might be the only person who's bought a £60 season ticket to watch Dundee United Women.

For the benefit of the three non Dundonians  who might read this, Foundation Park previously know as Gussie Park across the road from Tannadice was where they used to park the away fans supporters buses back in the day. Believe the Dundee United supporters Foundation paid for the 200 seater stand. Bugbear of mine with any cage type football ground is if you can't provide basic catering or toilets then don't ask for entrance money. Btw I'm sure the entrance fee last season was £5.

11 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Ever thought you might be the only person who's bought a £60 season ticket to watch Dundee United Women.

For the benefit of the three non Dundonians  who might read this, Foundation Park previously know as Gussie Park across the road from Tannadice was where they used to park the away fans supporters buses back in the day. Believe the Dundee United supporters Foundation paid for the 200 seater stand. Bugbear of mine with any cage type football ground is if you can't provide basic catering or toilets then don't ask for entrance money. Btw I'm sure the entrance fee last season was £5.

I'm certain I'm the only one who bought one with the intention of maybe attending some matches. I suspect any others were as a donation.

Didn't bother today.

I went to Dundee Utd v Celtic in the season before last at Gussie Park. I thought it wasn't fit for SWPL and not worthy of charging an admission fee. There weren't even enough seats for all subs to sit down.

I'd presumed that when they put in the stand they'd improved other facilities but apparently not. 

• 1 month later...