Dumbarton vs The Maroon Machine

The weather looks a scorcher at the moment. As much as we can be relatively happy with our start to the season, the need to rack up the first win becomes more urgent with each passing week. It will be tough work though with Kelty proving to be a solid side already this season. Hopefully Orsi is back fit.

Edited by The Moonster

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

We need a win.

If the manager is brave enough to start 2 up front, Mombongo & Ruth, I would be hopeful of 3 points, Kelty have had a decent start though, it should be another entertaining game.

To be fair, I can understand why he probably won't. Without any other decent options upfront, there isn't really a back up. But at the same time, I'd like to see us go with the much more attacking back 5 with wing backs and getting forward plenty.

34 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

In Cowdenbeath they are known as 'the minks'.Probably why they used maroon machine.

Then again Cowden....pot / kettle m(eth)inks.

The spoon burners are creative in Cowden. Is Dumbarton a classy location I assume given this? 

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

A lot of hate on the nickname. Never really had any heat on that before at Kelty but guess it's maybe about time 😆

It's nothing personal, we're just throwing jibes at everyone during this first quarter, see who handles it well. Arbroath have handled it the worst so far. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

It's nothing personal, we're just throwing jibes at everyone during this first quarter, see who handles it well. Arbroath have handled it the worst so far. 

They have not yet adjusted to their new surroundings 😃

5 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

We're the kings of score draws at the moment, so likely it'll be about 2 all. I'm in hospitality for this one, so at least I'll have a cushioned seat.

Scratch that, hospitality off due to insufficient numbers.

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

The spoon burners are creative in Cowden. Is Dumbarton a classy location I assume given this? 

The classiest.

3 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Also, "The Maroon Machine" 🤮

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

A lot of hate on the nickname. Never really had any heat on that before at Kelty but guess it's maybe about time 😆

It's a bit Livi vibes for my liking.