Stirling v The Spartans

On 30/08/2024 at 11:02, Dumb yatt said:

Excuse my ignorance. But will this be the first visit of Spartan fans to the stadium of fright?

Spartans beat Edinburgh City in a cup final there. 

The rotters. 

They say a week is a long time in Politics, it’s an even longer time in football.

Last week, I sat in the same seat, in the same stadium, watching the same team and thought “this style of play will never be implemented”. Today, I was delighted watching us knock it about, and I thought “yip”…..just goes to show you.

I thought Davidson was excellent in the middle, he’s impact was huge and it was no surprise that when he went off, we maybe started to lose the game slightly in there. The addition of Brown as well, could be a master stroke on this performance and on another day he could have walked away with a brace and the MOTM award, an excellent debut and a big difference he made also. 

I could ramble on like I normally do but I’ll leave it at that for now, happy Bino tonight and maybe life isn’t that bad after all.

Good to see Adam having a positive impact. I now no longer point and laugh at Stirling Albion from here on out.

He will be a quality addition and a big upgrade on what you currently have.

Technically a very gifted player and probably the best set piece taker in the lower leagues - his delivery from corners really is pretty special.

It will always be sad when one of the mainstays of the league title winning team leaves but he needs to play football and I can't imagine that was going to happen enough moving forward.

Great team performance today 👏 

From the starting 11 and the subs everyone played there part & capped it off with a special free kick to take all 3 points from Ross Davidson ⚽️ 

I've said for long enough how much we have missed him & today proved it.... 10 mins competitive football in 15 months & he looked like he hadn't been away, Adam Brown was impressive also in his debut with less than 24 hours notice 

Jack Harkness looked like he will fit in well down the right, good pace, won the free kick for the goal, his replacement at half time Aaron Weir did well also, for a development player he's really getting a bit more confidence & you can see it in his game 👏 

I think the crowd could see & appreciate the effort from everyone involved today...it's 9 points from 15... our 1st goal at Forthbank in the league...all in all we are doing ok 👍 we will still have our ups & downs but as long as the effort is there 

Btw Big Eric's cross field diagonal in the 2nd half ⚽👏 some pass big man 🤣

Well done Binos 👏 🇵🇪 💪 chuffed for the gaffer also, the hard work is paying off 

Why not us eh 💪 Binos 🇵🇪