The impossible challenge

39 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Came say the same. Played in a game against him through the fans v ex players through the community trust. 
End up in town after it get speaking to him and his wife. Get the balls to ask for his shirt from the game. Says to me that he usually gives them to his daughter but he will ask her gives me his number and says call him in a few days. 
Text him a few days later then receive a call from him speaking away like we have known each other for years. Says he’ll send me the shirt need to post an envelope  up pre paid. No issue there, but a really good bottle of red wine and send It up too. Few days later get a text thanking me for the wine and shirt is on the way. He sent me the shirt signed, his medal from the game, singed match program from the game and a letter thanking me. 
still keep in touch 6 years later with happy birthday texts and catch up if I’m hospitality in he is doing the ambassador duties. Always brings up the bottle of red wine to this day 

What a great story. I hope his health is still well. Can't believe he still managed to play another 5 years of football after his MS diagnosis. I have met him a couple of times, a true gent.

Tommy Burns, absolute class acts of a human being. 

I recall the chants back in the day, don't think there was any truth at all. Heard from a good few people Richard Gough was sincere and you couldnt meet a nicer person. Marvin Andrews too.

Paul Sturrock. To be honest, any player back in the days when footballers weren't ridiculously overpaid, when there was real club loyalty I highly respected.

Mo Johnson, don't know anyone who knew him, however what a brave decision it was to join Rangers knowing the hate he would get.

These days, as soon as a player makes it slightly big, even mid table Scottish premiership players spoiled by money. Few manage to keep their feet on the ground.

20 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Mo Johnson, don't know anyone who knew him, however what a brave decision it was to join Rangers knowing the hate he would get.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Name one player no has a bad thing to say about.

I honestly think that Mo Johnston might be the direct antithesis of what the OP was looking for. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I honestly think that Mo Johnston might be the direct antithesis of what the OP was looking for. 

Haha, him playing for each side may potentially cancel it out!

Does Kenny Miller playing for three of them cancel it out though?

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

McGinn is a wee rat. We were supposed to get a cut of his 50 million transfer to Man United, what happened? 😎

We’re still waiting for the 15% from that move. 

We had heard all sorts of stories from Mojo's time at Hearts, not to mention the obvious Celgers issues.

But he was absolutely magnificent for Falkirk. Nearly helped us into Europe in 95 and lead the line without complaint in Lambie's catastrophic side the following year. Model senior pro.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

A man who openly mocked the cancer death of a six year old child to his grieving father should never be in this thread.

What happened to Cooper was tragic in itself but never convince yourself there was a good person there.

This thread from Jambos Kickback of all places should tell you all you need to know. The incident was also recounted in Fitzpatrick's own autobiography.

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/150476-davie-cooper/

What an utter scumbag Cooper was then if that's true, and I believe it fully...and why was this brushed under the carpet?

4 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

What an utter scumbag Cooper was then if that's true, and I believe it fully...and why was this brushed under the carpet?

Was before my time and Fitzy, I believe, tried to get the reasons for his uncharacteristic losing of the plot out there in the public eye but nobody from press at the time (which in the days before the Internet was the only such outlet for anything of that nature) wanted to touch it as a story. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Probably worth saying that in football if nobody has a bad word to say about you then you’re probably not very good. 

Perhaps not always.

I recall very few people in Scotland having any bad things to say about the recently sadly departed Sol Bamba and he was very good for both Dunfermline and Hibs.

8 hours ago, Sonam said:

Simon Murray, Yan Dhanda last season. Both class acts. Murray while not the most skillful player I saw at County, but his effort & attitude has made him one of my fav players. Absolute legend!

Stuart Kettlewell, although he got sacked, was super nice guy too. The work he did with the County when County won the development league title in 2016–17 was superb. I felt saddened to see him hounded out. Pleased to see him do well at Motherwell now.

Jackson Irvine!!! Alex Schalk. Ok, maybe lacking in ability, but Kenny Van derby Weg club legend! Alex Smith really nice guy, though considering the budget he had as manager obviously didn't succeed. Owen Coyle was terrible at County, but nice guy.

Going back Johnstone Bellshaw, the super fast Chris Sommerville (a player I adored!) Scott Lemmon another sincere nice guy. Barry Wilson as well.

On the other end of the scale, quality players but Michael Gardyne for what he did at ICT. Sadly another player I adored when younger, Billy Ferries, amazing skill yet a horrible person. I have met him, he was ok to me but heard too many shocking stories from people who worked with him over the years. Perhaps it was just a phase he was going through

Let's forget Malky & worst of all Goodwillie. Can sort of understand why Roy hired Malky hoping he had heaps of player contacts and club would do well. Goodwillie tho...

Lot of respect for Murray. Especially for his work of pushing sensory boxes at Scottish football grounds 

54 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Perhaps not always.

I recall very few people in Scotland having any bad things to say about the recently sadly departed Sol Bamba and he was very good for both Dunfermline and Hibs.

Obviously terribly sad news. I have to say I can’t really remember the overriding narrative while he was here but I do remember that he was a good player for both. 

12 hours ago, Munoz said:

Steven Thompson. 

Absolutely rubbish for Dundee Utd for years, finally had a decent two months and refused to sign a new contract to force a cut price sale to Rangers. 

12 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Absolutely shite for 5 years and then left within two months of becoming half decent. Had the gall to play for Scotland when he was miles off the standard required.

Och.  Posted my reply without reading the whole thread, but it obviously wasn’t just me. 

11 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Also many Saints fans after his short cameo in the LASK game.

Craig Gordon?

Gordon tried to assassinate Stephen Fletcher then hammed up a triple leg break to avoid a penalty and a red card.