🔵🔴 The Caley vs The Binos 🔴⚪️

Expect us to rotate a bit for this one as the injuries are stacking up. The Duffy twins went off last week along with Allan, joining Newman, Nicolson, Bray, Longstaff and Cairns on the long injury list. Since we’ve won this tournament a GAZILLION times, I’m happy to focus on the league.

I think we’ll go something along the lines of this. The full backs may be enforced changes with Nolan and Strachan coming in, but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Billy (age) and Gilmour (injury history) given a rest for this one. I’d prefer someone like Thompson or Keogh to play off Brooks but I suspect if we’re ever going to see Ferguson start it might be in this one. I think Ewan might start at centre back but I’m not sure which one Dunc will rest.

Dibaga

Nolan Savage Devine/Ewan? Strachan

Davidson MacKinnon C.Mackay MacLeod

Brooks 

Ferguson

p.s. - will be good to have a break from the League One forum. Queen of the South fans are becoming very tiresome.

Edited by Sir Tarmo

Stirling will be overwhelming favourites to win this one on penalties.

Surely they will have more class than the agricultural types that played us last Saturday that could only assault our players and cheat yards to gain an advantage?

I'm impressed with the Stirling home kit, Joma for once not being utter dogshit. It will probably be the plain white away kit we will see which not bad but not as nice as our Premiership standard big club 30th anniversary black and gold kit. Good opportunity to show it off to the world. The Caley are back.

We should be preparing the open top bus for when we win this cup (again).

After the shite Dunc puts on every week the club owes us a good cup run and opportunity to try some more adventurous football

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It'll be our North of Scodland Cup team and we'll probably get beat.

I expect the same which makes the £15 being charged a joke to watch our youngsters get their confidence smashed all to fuel the managers ego

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It'll be our North of Scodland Cup team and we'll probably get beat.

Given the injuries and loans we’ll struggle to even field that team if we’re ignoring first teamers. Might be a few 16 year olds in there.

3 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Are there any Stirling Albions or will this thread just develop into Queens/Annan/Kelty/Arbroath fans fawning over The Caley?

Their record in this competition is abysmal only 2 wins in 10 years.

Poor for team that yo-yos between the third and fourth leagues of Scottish Football.

I doubt they really care enough.

Stirling might just put out a team of youngsters and bench warmers just like we will.

1 hour ago, The Black Flag said:

Poor for team that yo-yos between the third and fourth leagues of Scottish Football.

Stirling might just put out a team of youngsters and bench warmers just like we will.

I would rather have a city team like Stirling in our league rather than village diddies like Annan and Kelty

1 hour ago, The Black Flag said:

Youngsters make up a fair proportion of our first team squad anyway, including several from our development squad.

We've basically got a new squad this season, and of those who were still under contract from last season, I suspect the manager will rest 2 or 3 for this game. 

You always like to see your team winning, but some defeats are forgotten very quickly with the minimum of fuss. 

we don't really have the resources to rotate much. bench is generally filled with under 20s. 

away performances haven't been too bad so far. last week was the first really decent home performance.

i don't think it was any coincidence that we had Ross Davidson back and Adam Brown in the side to bring some experience to the midfield area. that was something that had been sorely lacking in previous weeks. 

hopefully it goes to penalties as we seem to be good at those now.

16 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

hopefully it goes to penalties as we seem to be good at those now.

You certainly won’t do any worse than 2017… that must be some kind of world record for a shoot-out.