I did Nazi That Coming

15 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Oh well, so much for camaraderie 

Any Airdrie fans I've met in person have generally been fine, and I can't say the whole Clydebank debacle bothers me that much. Scummy from Airdrie to do it? Probably yeah, but it was before I ever attended a football game so I can't really claim to have been affected by it

Yeah that seems to be the general attitude of Airdrie fans on here, scummy from the Nazi's to do it, but the war was before my time so can't claim to be affected by it.

Oh and don't mention ze liquidation. John Cleese slams UKTV decision to remove Fawlty Towers ‘Don’t mention ...

2 hours ago, Excelsior Diamond said:

That is quite pathetic, and probably says more about the person trying to make that connection. 

If I may to drag this thread back from the bin fire of hyperbole and deflection it has descended to. 

I do know the club is trying to deal with this, and wish them well. They could do worse than take a hard line with the nasty element embedded in our support, stop allowing them to display their tatty banners, and when they do step out of line (as they inevitably will), show them the door. 

Nobody's complained about Irish flags. 

Incidentally, this thread is superb.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

What the f**k are you havering about, it was an Airdrie fan trying to make out Livi were the same as Airdrie 'changing names' after you were liquidated, in a piss poor attempt at deflecting from the racist Nazi element in your support. 

To be clear, I’m not trying to deflect or defend anything, I was merely calling you an idiot given what you posted. He made a dig about Livi in admin, your saying that showed why he doesn’t want to tackle the Nazi element. You obviously weren’t as clear as you’d hoped but I’m not sure anyone is actually on here defending it (he obviously wasn’t).

Edited by Airdrie76

On 07/09/2024 at 17:31, airdrieoldboy said:

Why did you decide to start a thread that I invites all the usual clowns to have a go at our Club?

Yes, we have a few who may participate in this behaviour but, they are far outnumbered by our decent support - I have had a season ticket for 40 odd years and I know what I am talking about !

I'm interested in this, especially since you know what you are talking about.  

Are there many others like you who kept supporting the club when it moved from Clydebank?  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I'm interested in this, especially since you know what you are talking about.  

Are there many others like you who kept supporting the club when it moved from Clydebank?  

Never had a Clydebank Season Ticket in my life mate, so no idea what you are referring to - Airdrieonians Fc are very much alive and doing fine, thanks.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

The Whataboutery from some Airdrie fans are at levels never witnessed before.

No condemnation at all from the few, just deflection.

Complete ignorance to why they have this far right label. 

And this is coming from a Dundee fan....

You have to love it...

7 minutes ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Never had a Clydebank Season Ticket in my life mate, so no idea what you are referring to - Airdrieonians Fc are very much alive and doing fine, thanks.

This may come as a shock to you but from 1965 to 2002 your club was named 'Clydebank Football Club'.  Did you change your team?

26 minutes ago, Passionate said:

And this is coming from a Dundee fan....

You have to love it...

'But....but.....but.....what about that time Dundee didn't fully pay their bills back in 2003?'

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

This may come as a shock to you but from 1965 to 2002 your club was named 'Clydebank Football Club'.  Did you change your team?

No reasonable Airdrie fans are claiming that Airdrieonians/Airdrie United post-2002 is ‘the same club’ as the old Airdrie. We are well aware of the history of what happened and not in denial of liquidation like many (most?) Rangers fans seem to be about their club.  However we have moved on (unlike some on here) and have a whole new generation of fans now who have known nothing different.

On to the main issue of this thread however, which is the unsavoury element, although a minority, within the Airdrie support which seems to attract so much unwelcome attention.  It continues to be a problem which raises its head because many of these individuals seem to enjoy the negativity and many others are happy to go along with and tolerate it even if not engaging directly with their actions.

Of course there is no place for Nazi salutes or flags and banners with political slogans at football games, although the persistent issue of the union flags is slightly more complex.  As stated earlier, the union flag in itself is not illegal or a Nazi symbol and regardless of its connotations, it is still the official flag of the UK which we are still part of, so can hardly be banned. 

The club I believe has good intentions when it comes to dealing with these issues, but it looks like a harder line may be required to change the perception longer term and might need more involvement from the decent majority of the fans.

I think the vast majority of Airdrie fans can't be arsed with the union flag stuff and it's a genuine minority that still seem to want to it to continue. I think the club in general have tried their best to get away from that image of the club. The entire issue that started the thread was dealt with and the individual banned. There are wee fannies in every support . Each abhorrent in their own special way. Unfortunately the west of Scotland will always have issues with bigotry as long as people keep it going. 

5 hours ago, WL Diamond said:

No reasonable Airdrie fans are claiming that Airdrieonians/Airdrie United post-2002 is ‘the same club’ as the old Airdrie. We are well aware of the history of what happened and not in denial of liquidation like many (most?) Rangers fans seem to be about their club.  However we have moved on (unlike some on here) and have a whole new generation of fans now who have known nothing different.

On to the main issue of this thread however, which is the unsavoury element, although a minority, within the Airdrie support which seems to attract so much unwelcome attention.  It continues to be a problem which raises its head because many of these individuals seem to enjoy the negativity and many others are happy to go along with and tolerate it even if not engaging directly with their actions.

Of course there is no place for Nazi salutes or flags and banners with political slogans at football games, although the persistent issue of the union flags is slightly more complex.  As stated earlier, the union flag in itself is not illegal or a Nazi symbol and regardless of its connotations, it is still the official flag of the UK which we are still part of, so can hardly be banned. 

The club I believe has good intentions when it comes to dealing with these issues, but it looks like a harder line may be required to change the perception longer term and might need more involvement from the decent majority of the fans.

All a bit surreal when you take into account that Celtic use Airdrie's stadium up to 40 times a season between the Celtic B team and the Celtic Women's team. With the old Glen Daly song 'It's a Grand Old Team to play for" blasting out before every game.