Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

The big difference is their top clubs have a model where produce top talent then sell it

Ours have a buying culture 

You could also argue that our biggest club/clubs accumulate and stifle the progress of players so their "rivals" can't challenge them.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Cometh the hour cometh the man. Ryan Gauld to get the winner in a famous victory for the Scots. Steve Clarke to be lauded as a national hero again and get a statue outside Hampden. @Old Bing and his brother/pal/other account @JS_FFC to scream loudly into the night air with righteous indignation at the ridiculousness of it all.

A slap in the face for population size and sensibleness.

It's lovely to hear I've got another account 🤣 I'll need to check it out 👍

55 minutes ago, MarkoP said:

SHOCK!!! Not 🤦‍♂️

Exactly 

The death throws of Strachans regime he kept fielding his favourites when most were calling for out of form players to be dropped 

A problem I think with fostering a 'club' mentality at international level 

Good short term 

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Are the Clarke fan boys are beginning to turn? Will this be a criticism on Clarke if they do start?

Hanley most definitely will start. As sad as it sounds, he's our best central defender.

Of course it'll be a criticism if they start. He picks the team.

It's the fashionable thing to do, to give Steve Clarke pelters. Really wish more people could think for themselves.

If people want to believe that the grass Is greener on the other side. I'd say that those people have short memories.

There's a "be careful what you wish for" about this.

A defender who can only make the bench for a bad Championship Norwich side is better than a defender (McKenna) who is starting regularly in La Liga?

Fair enough. Everyone Is entitled to an opinion. :)

Edited by Chripper

1 hour ago, MarkoRaj said:

Georgia just pumped Czech Republic 4-1

That's likely just as much to do with Czechia being shite as Georgia doing well.

Either would likely beat us if we were playing them today, right enough.

13 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Gauld and christie interchangeable for me

IMG_7661.png

Genuinely never thought I’d see the day where I’d be comfortable with a selection that didn’t include John McGinn, but I’d take that line up. 
Don’t get me wrong I don’t think he’s been as bad as some folk have been making out (and I think he was decent on Thursday), but for me he’s no longer the first name on the team sheet like he used to be. 

On 07/09/2024 at 00:56, BFTD said:

Cheer up, lads. It can't possibly be worse than this. Mainly because a good hiding this weekend won't put us out of the World Cup.

Someone in the studio afterwards said this result would linger on in the Scottish consciousness until we administered a similar beating to a side of Portugal's stature. Thirty years on and, despite taking a few more hidings ourselves, we're still waiting.

The fact that Portugal didn't even qualify from that group made it even sorer.

Failing to make the World Cup finals for the first time since 1970 was a big deal for us.

On 07/09/2024 at 02:28, Skyline Drifter said:

That leave McGinn and McSauce to support Dykes if everybody is still fit. 

McSauce!!!

What has happened to you Man? 

C'mon - standards!

Edited by Monkey Tennis