Portugal v Scotland

JS_FFC

Last 2 performances have been a major improvement from the Euros, and we should probably be sitting with 2pts in the group tonight rather than 0.

At least there are signs of the likes of Doak, Conway, Morgan coming through. We have been unlucky with the injuries to all of Hickey, Tierney and Lewis Ferguson..all of whom would probably be starting games.

On the evidence of these 2 games we have a chance of taking points from Croatia and Poland and not finishing bottom, and then building for the WC Qualifiers.

Don't see the point of binning Clarke on the back of 2 improved performances and very narrow defeats in League A. Clearly the Euros were very poor, but better to give him the rest of the Nations League and then where we are from there.

Just now, Moysterclass said:

Georgia and Slovenia in league B both got results against Portugal within the last 6 months. 

The funny thing is that if you said to Kilmarnock fans "any cups you win against the old firm are invalid because they are better than you" then they would gladly hand them over.

Just now, Thumper said:

Ten years and "too wee, too poor, too stupid" still as fresh as a daisy.

What? Are you saying Scotland are a good footballing nation? The results are there for all to see.

I’d love it if we were winners. Who wants us to be just making up the numbers? No one who supports Scotland. Certainly not me.

1 minute ago, Moysterclass said:

Georgia and Slovenia in league B both got results against Portugal within the last 6 months. 

B team who were already through and a friendly

Apples and bowling balls

Just now, Scary Bear said:

What? Are you saying Scotland are a good footballing nation? The results are there for all to see.

I’d love it if we were winners. Who wants us to be just making up the numbers? No one who supports Scotland. Certainly not me.

"Scotland don't win games because Scotland don't win games" is the position of a mental dullard.

Fifty years ago Scotland were underachievers because they'd failed to win anything from a running start. Now they're underachievers because plenty of countries that didn't exist fifty years ago have more confidence in their success than Scotland.

The reason isn't entirely down to Scotland's unique loser mentality. But it doesn't help.

I think Barron might be a decent addition against the bigger nations.

I'd like to see Gauld with Christie moved back when we will have more of the ball, but for games when we're up against it, Barron makes a decent addition. McLean has a tendency to switch off.

I really don't like McTominay anywhere close to his own box. He looks brilliant as a sole 10, his driving runs have been excellent the last few games

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Have you just moved to Scotland or something? When has it ever been otherwise? Scotland are shite at football. Deal with it.

How many times have Scotland lost from a promising position over the years? Must be a few times. Yet you still think we’ll win against anyone? More fool you.

Never once have I said we were anything but shite , it’s your pathetic attitude I’m referring to here and in previous posts .

You’re one of the pathetic reasons why we accept shite as you try and celebrate glorious failure every time .

Your “ we were shite , but less shite , so that’s a good thing “ attitude is laughable . 

2 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

B team who were already through and a friendly

Apples and bowling balls

You can say that about any game. I very much doubt Ronaldo went out there Vs Georgia going "ah well who cares". 

In any case, I'd argue there's a bigger disparity between the Portugal "B team" that started that game and Georgia than there is between the two teams on paper tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Last 2 performances have been a major improvement from the Euros, and we should probably be sitting with 2pts in the group tonight rather than 0.

At least there are signs of the likes of Doak, Conway, Morgan coming through. We have been unlucky with the injuries to all of Hickey, Tierney and Lewis Ferguson..all of whom would probably be starting games.

On the evidence of these 2 games we have a chance of taking points from Croatia and Poland and not finishing bottom, and then building for the WC Qualifiers.

Don't see the point of binning Clarke on the back of 2 improved performances and very narrow defeats in League A. Clearly the Euros were very poor, but better to give him the rest of the Nations League and then where we are from there.

Most probably were we are from there is going into the world cup qualification group having one win in 18 games. Praying we draw Gibraltar.

Just now, Unleash The Nade said:

Never once have I said we were anything but shite , it’s your pathetic attitude I’m referring to here and in previous posts .

You’re one of the pathetic reasons why we accept shite as you try and celebrate glorious failure every time .

Your “ we were shite , but less shite , so that’s a good thing “ attitude is laughable . 

You clearly have trouble with basic English and don’t take Scotland defeats very well. You are a sad sack who likes using the word pathetic when you are angry that the team you support loses. 

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ten years and "too wee, too poor, too stupid" still as fresh as a daisy.

Downtrodden mindset runs through the veins of our country unfortunately, and the  results are there for all to see.

Clarke in his press conference a few minutes ago; difficult to qualify for a major tournament for ‘a country like Scotland’

What does he mean by that?

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You are a sad sack who likes using the word pathetic when you are angry that the team you support loses. 

Sad sack: someone who is optimistic about a game.

Not a sad sack: someone who expects defeat, and chides those naive enough to hope otherwise.

3 minutes ago, dstuart82 said:

Downtrodden mindset runs through the veins of our country unfortunately, and the  results are there for all to see.

Clarke in his press conference a few minutes ago; difficult to qualify for a major tournament for ‘a country like Scotland’

What he means by that is "I'm big steve, I got the team to 2 euros, I'm untouchable, everyone is wrong apart from me"

4 minutes ago, dstuart82 said:

Ask @Scary Bear

He’s of a similar negative mindset