Week 1 🇧🇷

lichtie23

18 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Looks like I made the wrong choice; I'll need to watch the Bears extended section on the news tonight. 

Bears fan? If so I will add you to the list on the P&B supporters' thread... we need one to go level with San Francisco and G***n B*y as the equal most supported team on here...

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Ifyou support a Throw&Catch team, how did you pick ?. I’ve been watching redzone for years, but I’ve still not picked a to team to follow, because I have no affiliation with any of them, don’t go to games, America is a bit too far, and obviously theirs no Throw&Catch teams in Barnsley. I think the closest I’ve come to supporting anyone was when I got a Raiders key ring in a packet of bubblegum as a kid, everyone at school wanted it, so I swapped it for 6 football stickers I needed (one was the Wimbledon shiny) , a good looking king marble, and a Philadelphia Eagles key ring. 

My dad liked the Bears when everyone watched NFL on Channel 4. He isn't that bothered now but passed it on to me and my brother.

Think they're a fairly decent fit, they're traditionally the Second City like Brum, used to be big in the olden days but haven't won much for decades, like Villa, they're called the Bears, like Warwickshire and, ermm... they're associated with a body of water, like Clyde. The last one might be a reach.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

18 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Bears fan? If so I will add you to the list on the P&B supporters' thread... we need one to go level with San Francisco and G***n B*y as the equal most supported team on here...

I live in Chicago, so yeah, by default. Never picked up the Dolphins when we were in Miami, because they’re the suburbs’ team and the Heat (and to a lesser extent the U) are the only show in town for the city so I haven’t changed my team, Chicago just are my team. It was fun when Mack signed and you could literally feel the energy in the city. It’s been a little less excited for Williams, most likely because he’s not a big evil linebacker, which Bears fans still love. You’ll still see plenty guys in boozers with Mike Singletary jerseys on to this day. 

9 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

Ron Rivera will rot in hell for picking Emmanual Forbes Jnr in the first round when Christian Gonzalez was there.  

I believe our 2 shit shows face off next week. 

Sometimes teams win games, other times teams lose them. The Raiders 100% lost that today rather than the Chargers winning it, with some horrific turnovers and bad situational football.

A stinker of a performance, and not a good omen for the season ahead.

The Chargers will win games because that's what Harbaugh does, but I don't see any playmakers on that offense. They'll struggle to keep up with the scoring of teams who have better offenses than the Raiders (which is probably most of the league).

Edited by Nightmare