Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

51 minutes ago, Maine said:

Thought Ayr and Falkirk were going to be the top two come the end of the season, neither have been particularly great against us and I expect them to fall off and join the rest of us sooner or later.

A draw a fair result but it should’ve been 3-3 if not for a few good saves and blocks. Weather in the second half made it difficult for anyone to get playing. 

There’s no doubt that the top three will start to lose games as there are several teams with similar levels of quality, but we were missing some extremely key players yesterday. 

Partick looked the favourites to me pre season. 

God, the Ayr fans have been buying Big Boy pants, giving it big licks to the wee jags.

Just remember that Alloa beat us at home last week, and you yesterday scrambled a draw with a dodgy penalty that had to be retaken.

Brownball beginning to show some cracks...

23 minutes ago, baba douche said:

God, the Ayr fans have been buying Big Boy pants, giving it big licks to the wee jags.

Just remember that Alloa beat us at home last week, and you yesterday scrambled a draw with a dodgy penalty that had to be retaken.

Brownball beginning to show some cracks...

Thistle fans are probably rightly unimpressed with how we played. However given we were missing quite a few starters I’m not sure what a lot of people were expecting. 

As for your assessment of the game we never really scrambled to any sort of result. We deservedly took the lead after a clear penalty and then your keeper failed to understand the rules of saving a penalty. 

I think a draw was a more than fair result in a game that neither team really settled into and both struggled with the windy conditions at times. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Thistle fans are probably rightly unimpressed with how we played. However given we were missing quite a few starters I’m not sure what a lot of people were expecting. 

As for your assessment of the game we never really scrambled to any sort of result. We deservedly took the lead after a clear penalty and then your keeper failed to understand the rules of saving a penalty. 

I think a draw was a more than fair result in a game that neither team really settled into and both struggled with the windy conditions at times. 

We are also missing key players. The penalty award and retake decision are debatable points.

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

We are also missing key players. The penalty award and retake decision are debatable points.

Not really debatable at all. It’s a clear penalty and the referee did well to actually enforce the rules to make it be retaken. 

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

The fact we are debating it would suggest it is debatable.

Fan of team who the decision went against arguing against said decision through tinted glasses doesn’t make the correct decisions debatable. 

Edited by callum-ayr

It didn’t look like a penalty to me, especially with the new higher bar for handballs but I don’t actually have any idea of that is at our level or only for the use of var. Obviously need a second look, but appeared to hit his arm that was tight to his body. 

A retake was absolutely the correct decision though. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

A 'clear' penalty? It hits him on the upper arm which was right beside his body. He couldn't physically get out the way of it - exactly the same as your player later in the half, that the ref DIDN'T give a penalty for.

It's one of those that you sometimes get, sometimes don't (50% rate in yesterday's game), but don't for a second give it 'clear penalty' - only an imbecile would be that miopic.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

So a foul then? And in the box so it’s a penalty. 

Thanks for clearing that one up. 

Law 12

'For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence'

That was where the ball struck him, and as the law says, 'Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence'. So, NOT clear then.

Doesn't matter, results in the book, wasn't the worst decision you'll see the season.

With regards your injuries, we've all got them. I DO however think that you'll get a lot of muscle injuries throughout the season due to the high tempo style you play. Hopefully (for you), the benefits outway the risks, which they have up till now.

11 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

His left foot looks on the line there and the ball hasn't been struck in that photo so all in, a total irrelevance. 

If we're calling that off the line, I'm expecting about 90% of pens to need a retake.

Rules are rules, but let's see how often this is enforced this season to that degree.

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Fan of team who the decision went against arguing against said decision through tinted glasses doesn’t make the correct decisions debatable. 

Fans of the team that got the decisions arguing for the decisions doesn’t make them the correct decisions either.

23 minutes ago, baba douche said:

If we're calling that off the line, I'm expecting about 90% of pens to need a retake.

Rules are rules, but let's see how often this is enforced this season to that degree.

He 100% moved off the line before the kick, but have to agree with you that they all do it.