Ayr United ⚪️⚫️ vs Partick Thistle 🔴🟡

Doolan Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Going into a game missing two of your best players isn’t ideal so I’ll take a point. We were fine defensively but missing McMann means we lack someone who can play a really good pass from back to front. Stangers distribution isn’t bad but out of the two of them he’s more the physical defender rather than the ball player. McAllister came through the game ok but simply isn’t as good. 

Rus missing really killed us especially on the counter attack. Also the majority of the knock downs from Dowds or Oakley weren’t being picked up from us which is something else Rus is very good at doing. 

Dylan Watret is absolutely outstanding though and if Thistle fans are raving about Milne for that performance then Watret should be getting the same but ten fold from us. He’s quickly developing a great partnership with Henderson on the right hand side as well. 

1 hour ago, yorkshirepud said:

He checked it and seemed happy enough. Most penalty marks are well worn through use so the rest of the mark is probably in a little hollow just in front of the bit you can see.

Screenshot_20240915_075217_Gallery.jpg

I am sure it was said  by officials kick was retaken due to goalkeeper advancing off his line 

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Maybe not so great from the ref given the rule change that came in this season? 

Screenshot_20240914_212538_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240914_212734_Chrome.jpg

Kick was retaken due to goalkeeper being in front of goal line ( which your  photo clearly showed ) so retake was correct 

IMG_1269.jpeg

Edited by Finlay21

13 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Is this still a live conversation or is it a permanent rejection? Wouldn’t cost an awful lot to terrace that end. 

It’s one of the things the club are still looking to do in the future, but quite rightly are wanting to get things on a more sound financial footing before spending cash on what is essentially a cosmetic improvement.

I agree that the current stand situation at Firhill isn’t a great look, and a terrace capable of holding 1000-1500 fans would be full and bouncing most weeks if we could somehow build one. Not holding my breath on that, though.

Thought Ayr and Falkirk were going to be the top two come the end of the season, neither have been particularly great against us and I expect them to fall off and join the rest of us sooner or later.

A draw a fair result but it should’ve been 3-3 if not for a few good saves and blocks. Weather in the second half made it difficult for anyone to get playing. 

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

It’s one of the things the club are still looking to do in the future, but quite rightly are wanting to get things on a more sound financial footing before spending cash on what is essentially a cosmetic improvement.

I agree that the current stand situation at Firhill isn’t a great look, and a terrace capable of holding 1000-1500 fans would be full and bouncing most weeks if we could somehow build one. Not holding my breath on that, though.

That horrendous scaffolding has been tore down...look like its back to nature for the City End .