The KVV/ Europa failures derby Saints v Killie 14/09/24

19 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

Ask yourself why your manager subbed a player after 18 minutes.

Maybe a wee pointer there as to why we're unhappy with the officiating.

He substituted him because Killie players in that first 15 minutes had been chucking themselves all over the place and had been hounding the ref to book Saints players.  

Same when taking Taylor off as soon as he’d got a soft yellow in the 46th minute.  

The way the game was going and the way Killie were playing it’d have been crazy to keep a player on when on a yellow.  

A draw was a fair result. Killie were more direct and quicker all over the park. 

They hit corners we can only dream about. 

However we let them off the hook by being slow and clueless when going forward. 

Olusanya going off saved Killie in my opinion. Ayunga should never play for us again and as for James Scott ffs

Robbo needs to shoulder the blame. What the fevk do we work on during the week. 

On the footballing side Killie deserved their point.  

Came out and went for it in the second half.  Not sure if it was them doing that, but Saints had ZERO confidence in that second half. 

We looked terrified. Build up was glacial.  Passes weak and hesitant.  

In the last two games we’ve been ahead four times - and dropped four points. 

Points to a mentality issue.  

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

He substituted him because Killie players in that first 15 minutes had been chucking themselves all over the place and had been hounding the ref to book Saints players.  

Same when taking Taylor off as soon as he’d got a soft yellow in the 46th minute.  

The way the game was going and the way Killie were playing it’d have been crazy to keep a player on when on a yellow.  

🤣

Just now, AW saint said:

A draw was a fair result. Killie were more direct and quicker all over the park. 

They hit corners we can only dream about. 

However we let them off the hook by being slow and clueless when going forward. 

Olusanya going off saved Killie in my opinion. Ayunga should never play for us again and as for James Scott ffs

Robbo needs to shoulder the blame. What the fevk do we work on during the week. 

We definitely missed Olusanya. Looked like he took a kick to the shin about 10 minutes before HT. 

We really can’t afford to lose him.  

Who’d have thought it 2 years ago, but he’s our first pick striker by a mile.  

29 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Leaving aside the Mandron one that Robinson clearly felt the ref got wrong, your thoughts on Rooney blootering Vassell with no attempt to play the ball?

He was lying in the floor with the ball trapped between his legs. Saints free kick all day long

43 minutes ago, AberdeenBud said:

Absolutely seething at that pitiful second half display.  Killie were easily the better team even with 10. 

Thought the ref got the big calls right,  not seeing where these "worst refereeing display" ever shouts are coming from.  

Questions to be asked of Robbo and a good few of our players,  unfortunately.  Probably only Rooney,  Toyosi and O'Hara getting pass marks. 

The ref managed to miss a red card, a penalty, and gave a goal which was chopped off. It shouldn't deflect from how utterly shite we were today, but the ref was abysmal all afternoon.

I thought it was a booking for hounding the referee these days. Quite a few times that didn’t apply today. Bold from Ndaba blantantly diving while on a yellow already after he’d taken a heavy touch in his own half. Him, Armstrong & Kennedy had quite the competition to out-do each other.  

Shambles of a performance second half, Robinson shat it when he should have given them the green light to go out second half and kill the game off.

Drawing a game against ten men from a winning position feels like a defeat. 
Olusanya going off seemed to be the catalyst for a very poor second half showing.

There's enough plausible deniability for Rooney to get away with that there. He obviously knows what he's doing, but he has been cute enough to make it look like an attempt at playing the ball. Don't think you can give a red for that, certainly not via VAR if the ref doesn't give it live.

Livid about that Rooney thing because I'd stuck a tenner on him to get booked after he was given a talking to earlier on.

Killie were the better side in the second half: just wanted it more, were more direct, snapped into tackles better and moved it about better. Absolute shitebag performance from us in the second half. 

I think we need to get the 3-5-2 in the sea regardless of which players we've got available. Play the system that works and pick the best players for the positions.

I know the Killie boys know this, but zero danger you'll be down there for much longer.

Have to congratulate Killie on being the only team that looked like they could play football.

Was particularly impressed by how they played in the 2nd half.

Thoroughly deserved point for them.

I'm assuming all the VAR decisions were correct.

However, we definitely got away with one for Mandron's second tackle. From our perspective it was sensible refereeing. However, as a Killie fan I'd have been raging if it had happened the other way, as it could have changed the course of the game in their favour and I guarantee we wouldn't have played the way they did against ten men. We'd have lost by about 2 or 3 goals.

I'll save my rant about our shower of shite for our own thread. 

9 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

He blatantly just kicks the player. He knows what he's doing.

I’m not arguing that he doesn’t know what he’s doing. But he’s trying to win a ball that Vassell has chosen to trap between his legs after a pathetic dive. That’s a free kick virtually every time it happens.

Rooney is no doubt trying to wind him up, but there’s just no chance that’s a red card.

Don’t get me wrong here, I like Toyosi, and all that, but for actual fcuk sake - we’re trying to say him having to go off was maybe the turning point, and with him would have stretched them and won? I’m not buying it. FFS, we were 2-1 up at home against ten men. Losing ANY one player from our lineup shouldn’t have been the catalyst for us to turn to turgid shite.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's enough plausible deniability for Rooney to get away with that there. He obviously knows what he's doing, but he has been cute enough to make it look like an attempt at playing the ball. Don't think you can give a red for that, certainly not via VAR if the ref doesn't give it live.

There’s enough plausible deniability that you are a Killie fan.