Ross County vs St. Johnstone - Sat 21/9/2024

22 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I was just trying to help others out. I hadn't heard any mention of the closure on the match thread 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah I wasn't having a dig or anything, also trying to help 🙏 The good news is according to Traffic Scotland (hopefully the most reliable info source?) as of this moment it's definitely open.

Edit: I can see how my wording might have come across as a dig. Apologies!

Edited by The Great Stagsby

On 17/09/2024 at 15:59, Comrie said:

Well, that's Levein gone.

Sake.

He wasn't the one coming up with all the stupid and over thought tactical nonsense anyway. Nothing will have changed today from last week. 

No doubt I'll be proved completely wrong after saying this. 

Hard to see how Saints can take anything from this given we are missing our most influential front players but maybe, just maybe, the defence show a bit of resolve and Nicky Clark sneaks one in 10 minutes before the end. Saints always seem to deliver a performance when there is no rational reason to expect one - lets hope its today.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He wasn't the one coming up with all the stupid and over thought tactical nonsense anyway. Nothing will have changed today from last week. 

No doubt I'll be proved completely wrong after saying this. 

Hope you are proven very right.

Today we’re up against our first truly shit opponents. The suspensions are a bit of an annoyance and might mean we have to settle for a draw, but it wouldn’t be overly surprising to see a fairly comfortable win this afternoon. I think there have been plenty of positive signs and hopefully we’ll see those actually leading somewhere on this occasion.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Today we’re up against our first truly shit opponents. The suspensions are a bit of an annoyance and might mean we have to settle for a draw, but it wouldn’t be overly surprising to see a fairly comfortable win this afternoon. I think there have been plenty of positive signs and hopefully we’ll see those actually leading somewhere on this occasion.

In a way that confidence is admirable, and with football anything can happen, but there's a bit of a sense at our end that things are clicking here, so I wouldn't say we're quite the walkover that you're thinking. (I may well be eating my words later tonight, but we've got decent centre backs combo, and a bit of a combined threat coming together in the middle)

15 minutes ago, Rosscubed said:

In a way that confidence is admirable, and with football anything can happen, but there's a bit of a sense at our end that things are clicking here, so I wouldn't say we're quite the walkover that you're thinking. (I may well be eating my words later tonight, but we've got decent centre backs combo, and a bit of a combined threat coming together in the middle)

Part of me wondered if the boy you're quoting was actually being serious or not...? Admirable indeed if so, but I suggest a little risky. As you say, anything can happen. This is one of those games where 2/3-0 either way wouldn't surprise me too much, although our defence did look particularly good last week and if I'm not mistaken Dundee went into that game as the top scorers in the country but couldn't find a way through.

I'm going to go 2-1 home win. Hale could do with another goal.

20 minutes ago, Rosscubed said:

Genuinely think he's a week-in, week-out threat from corners, 

That’s us f**ked!!

On a separate but related note, just watching us warm up and I think Sanders has the worst timing when heading the ball of any centre back I’ve seen.  He never seems to gets a good connection. 

Glad we’ve gone with 2up front, good opportunity for Kirk to show what he can do. 

That is a f**king disaster of a goal to give away. Every week it’s a cheap goal in a game with nothing in it that puts us on the back foot. Here we are yet again.

Edited by Jamie_B

Ross County have a very agricultural style of play and it's forcing us to try and match them physically instead of enforcing our usual 'champagne football' brand. We aren't in our comfort zone here. Tougher game than I anticipated.