Morton v Airdrie

1 hour ago, Chicken Soup said:

I’d argue that the absence of a real striker indicates that it’s madness to ask any of our non-strikers to play up top on their own. Garrity, for example, has done his best work drifting into wide areas while a strike partner remains central. 

I’m happy with whatever Imrie wants to try in order to get a result, but personally I wouldn’t change the shape unless Wilson is still unavailable. 

Have to say I very much wouldn't be happy if he persists, with or without Wilson. That system was a way of 'accommodating' Jet; it hasn't delivered a league win while he was here, so I can't see why we'd carry on without him.

I'm hoping Imrie is reminding himself that he has always wanted to play a 4-3-3 and decides it's time to get back to basics (at least as near as the personnel allows). That's got to mean one more body in the middle, one less up top. But let's see.

2 hours ago, MarkoRaj said:

Is Gabby McGill any good? Heard we're signing him

He's got his limitations, but he's good at what he can do and genuinely second to none for attitude and effort.  The problem is his horrendous luck with injuries.  I suspect the reason we didn't try to keep him is it just wasn't worth his wages for the amount of game he was actually likely to play.  He'll always be an Airdrie hero for the goal that took us to extra time against Accies in the playoffs to finally get us promoted, and nobody at Airdrie has a bad word to say about him as a person or as a professional.

Edited by A Diamond For Me

Not nearing shame game levels quite yet, but I suspect this will turn rather spicy if we lose again.

A shithouse win and get some form of striker in over the week or it is approaching curtains.

9 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Not nearing shame game levels quite yet, but I suspect this will turn rather spicy if we lose again.

A shithouse win and get some form of striker in over the week or it is approaching curtains.

I think there's a chance we will see a lower rating shame game with a defeat here. Even though the club are totally blameless in the Emmanuel-Thomas fiasco there are clearly some people who think they aren't and that could be the extra little spark needed, along with Imrie and Gillespie having a go at the fans for booing the team off last week.

Delighted to see McGregor back in for the start due to how well he often does against Morton based on his personal animosity towards skid marks. 

Hancock on the bench is a big Family Fortunes "X" from me. Assuming Badley-Morgan must be injured.

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Delighted to see McGregor back in for the start due to how well he often does against Morton based on his personal animosity towards skid marks. 

Hancock on the bench is a big Family Fortunes "X" from me. Assuming Badley-Morgan must be injured.

Can only assume Hancock's carrying an injury.  So Badley-Morgan and Agyemang join Wilson, McCabe, McMaster & McStravick. Thats a fair old list missing.

5 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

Can only assume Hancock's carrying an injury.  So Badley-Morgan and Agyemang join Wilson, McCabe, McMaster & McStravick. Thats a fair old list missing.

That's the first blow of the day ,the injury list,

For most of that half it largely looked like two teams who are tidy in possession who nevertheless have no cutting edge in the final third. Despite that we were undoubtedly the better team there with most of the game spent in Airdrie's half, as our possession would tend to break down at the final third whereas theirs would break down at the halfway line, with our pressing actually being quite good for a change.

Cracking goal though and delighted to finally see a goal from open play.