Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Will hearts fans be happy enough if he gets them away from the bottom and they end around 7th or 8th by the end of the season, or do they still expect top 6? 

We are 6 points off top 6 with 90 to play for. Why on earth would we be happy with 7th or 8th?

8 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Am I the only one that can't help but think of the apocryphal tale of the Emperor's New Clothes everytime Hearts fans witter on about Starlizard and analytical processes?

It's not an apocryphal tale.

And since Hearts' use of data etc is in its infancy, it's not really connected to the message of the folk tale you refer to anyway.

You'd have a point if Hearts had been using this Starlizard thing for a year or two and everyone was banging on about how amazing it was but we were losing every week.

So, apart from being wrong about the type of story it is and the message of the story, you're spot on here.

Edited by VincentGuerin

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

And since Hearts' use of data etc is in its infancy, it's not really connected to the message of the folk tale you refer to anyway.

You'd have a point if Hearts had been using this Starlizard thing for a year or two and everyone was banging in about how amazing it was but we were losing every week.

So, apart from being wrong about the type of story it is and the message of the story, you're spot on here.

You're trying way too hard there. This appointment smells of shite.

It was an odd interview on Sportsound with the Hearts chair and the new manager, with the chair talking about how, yes, he'd been employed on the basis ofanalytics but, yes, the interview and stuff.

I hope it works out well, because Hearts have to be a part of any way out of the boring OF hegemony, but I don't understand how you get 'good analytics' out of 'sacked by Blackpool'.

53 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

I don't understand how you get 'good analytics' out of 'sacked by Blackpool'.

Probably why you're not a millionaire with a successful stake and influence at 3 football clubs, I guess.

10 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

You'd have a point if Hearts had been using this Starlizard thing for a year or two and everyone was banging on about how amazing it was but we were losing every week.

'Those clothes look magnificent and really suit you, Emperor.'