🔵🔴 The Caley 1-1 The Stenny 🔴🟡

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Isn't Stenhousemuir part of Falkirk?

It's it's own separate town but it's technically part of Falkirk. It's even represented as Falkirk East in Scottish parliament & just Falkirk in UK parliament. 

It's a bit like Culloden with us. It's a separate village but it's pretty much part of Inverness 

32 minutes ago, Connor Macleod said:

It's it's own separate town but it's technically part of Falkirk. It's even represented as Falkirk East in Scottish parliament & just Falkirk in UK parliament. 

It's a bit like Culloden with us. It's a separate village but it's pretty much part of Inverness 

Quite a few errors here.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Stenhousemuir FC having a 500 average attendance and the town not having a McDonalds, Burger King, KFC or a University you have to ask wtf. 

We've come a long way from Hampden, Ibrox and Parkheed to the tumbleweed villages.

Wow... You're moaning about not having some fast food muck? There's a f*****g Tim Horton's, stop yer greeting and go for a pint 😅.

Stenhousemuir are now ranked the second best maroon wearing team in Scotland and by the unfortunate stat of not yet take a single point away from home will be favourites to win this on that basis that we often provide a duck breaking experience and they also have knowledge of the art of the win. As for us a 0-0 result would not be a surprise, so we will be favourites to draw this, if that makes any sense???

After a good work out against the cloggers last weekend, Stenny goalie Jamieson should have a nice easy afternoon, we might just pop in a couple of shots in on target the whole game at some point to see if he is still awake.

As for us we need to start spin kicking these wee plastic pitch diddy teams like Stenhousemuir back down the A9 if we have any designs on winning this league by over 20 points and proceed on our journey back up to the Premiership to make the arse cheeks rage at us once again, get back to the job of qualifying for Europe, winning the Scottish Cup and stuff.

It will be a return to normal match thread service for Stenhousmuir fans who would have had to put up with the huge number of tl,dr and 'splaining posts from Queen of the South fans zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, on their last match thread. This should be a lot easier on the eye.

And this will be known as the Nat wedderburn derby, any others?

I will be pouring one out in respect to Ben Greenhalgh in advance of this fixture.

We're yet to register a goal away from home so far this season, let alone pick up a point, but we haven't exactly been terrible and have only really let ourselves down with daft mistakes at inopportune moments. If we are to turn things around, Inverness seems like a presentable place to do it. Duncan Ferguson's team aren't exactly a fearful bunch; when you look through the squad, there's nothing really startling in there. I've watched their match highlights over the course of the season and there are some useful players here and there but the manager's overly cautious approach and insistence on fielding a team of central defenders will hold them back. At least he can't moan about plastic pitches this week.

Stenhousemuir have worked very hard to dig out results against Falkirk and Queen of the South recently and I expect another difficult encounter here. I'm worried about who Gary Naysmith can pick from, however - four players suffered injuries against Queens on Saturday and I'm not sure who's in and who's out. Based on nothing more than a feeling, Euan O'Reilly and Aaron Steele will be available while Kyle Jacobs and Ross Taylor will miss out. It might be worth giving Scott Tomlinson a start - he looked lively at points at the weekend - or recalling Matty Yates to the starting XI (although Curtis Lyle has probably a better chance of getting on ahead of Yates at the moment). If we can reprise the same level of endeavour we showed at the weekend, we can take something from the game, I feel.

Let's go with:

- Matty Aitken -

- Euan O'Reilly - Blair Alston - Scott Tomlinson -

- Mikey Anderson - Nat Wedderburn -

- Kinlay Bilham - Aaron Steele - Gregor Buchanan - Ross Meechan -

- Darren Jamieson -

I've never been to the Caledonian Stadium before so I'm looking forward to this trip. I wonder if I'll meet SandyCromarty on my travels. Some of his comments on this thread about Stenhousemuir have been very disrespectful. I imagine he looks like that old boy who pitched up on Question Time when they filmed in Eden Court that time.

3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Quite a few errors here.

Stenny even have the same postcode as Falkirk Screenshot_20240923_153420_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0b3a6f7adc1fa7c6a7261f3d9558e562.jpgScreenshot_20240923_154506_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a9c65520ffd4de9f73d9d7f776180caf.jpgScreenshot_20240923_154517_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ad347683194978505efaa0b519ee7138.jpg

It's it's own town got its own football team & everything but it's part of Falkirk. Larbert is also it's own town but it's technically part of Falkirk. 

As for Culloden I know what I'm talking about there 👍 

Anyway this isn't a scottish geography thread. 

It's about the clash of the titans ICT vs Stenhousemuir! Who's looking forward to another draw? 

Edited by Connor Macleod