🔵🔴 The Caley 1-1 The Stenny 🔴🟡

Just now, bdu98196 said:

How does kellacher survive and outlast every manager time after time when other coaching staff get ousted. What does he bring that us fans don't see because clearly unless he is ridiculously cheap then he must have significant ability somewhere.

Yeah he’s probably on peanuts.

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Wasn’t it rumoured that Kellacher isn’t on a contract, he’s a permanent employee or something like that? 

I’m not sure if he’s permanent or on a contract but apparently there is a mental clause where he will get paid an absolute fortune if he ever gets told to go. The amount supposedly goes up every year he is with the club.

In Pars worst season in my lifetime, we finished 7th in L1 in 2014/2015.

Even during that miserable campaign, we never had a run as bad as one win in 8 at this level.

Duncan Ferguson must be absolutely abysmal because that shouldn’t even be possible.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The problem is wholly down to Fergusons incompetence at this level, if he can't put a win together at this end of the season then we are looking at relegation at the end of the season.

I'm sure you've mistyped this, but you are probably correct. Great insight.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Even during that miserable campaign, we never had a run as bad as one win in 8 at this level.

Duncan Ferguson must be absolutely abysmal because that shouldn’t even be possible.

Dunfermline is bottom of the Championship, and your point is?

45 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m not sure if he’s permanent or on a contract but apparently there is a mental clause where he will get paid an absolute fortune if he ever gets told to go. The amount supposedly goes up every year he is with the club.

Sounds like some very generous redundancy terms if true. I’m not surprised with some of the stuff that’s came out over the last few years 

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He is the worst manager in the Scottish Football Pyramid. He is that bad.

A draw was the correct outcome here. While Inverness Caledonian Thistle probably saw more of the ball, they didn't really do much with it and other than spells of moderate pressure at the beginning and the end of the game, it was a level contest. Stenhousemuir had two excellent chances to score - Matty Yates' penalty was superbly saved by Musa Dibaga and Ross Meechan's close-range shot midway through the second half was somehow blocked - but spent the majority of the match battling away and limiting their hosts. It feels like a point well earned. It's our first of the season away from home and our second consecutive clean sheet. Given the number of unavailable players, we should be proud of our endeavour. That's one thing you have to say about this team - at the very worst, you'll get a monster shift from them.

The back five all performed well, especially Kyle Banner who hacked away a dangerous cross and Kinlay Bilham who, after a tricky start, excelled at left-centre-back. James Berry was outstanding in midfield and Yates and Matty Aitken worked so hard up front. It was good to see Yates reintroduced to the starting XI after his exile and he performed to a good standard (his penalty miss aside) and although Aitken might not be the most aesthetically pleasing of players, his up-and-at-'em style is vital to how this team plays. He's done well over the last couple of weeks.

It's hard to know what to make of ICT. On the occasions they decided to show a little adventurousness, they would either clip the ball into the channels for Billy McKay to amble onto or give it to Louis Longstaff to come in on his left foot and make something happen. Once Stenhousemuir figured them out, they were easy enough to contain and it was only their superior fitness that gave them an advantage in the final stages. Last weekend, Queen of the South represented an obvious step up in quality and should have won the game comfortably; this week, however, you'd never have known that we were taking on full-time opposition based on the calibre of the football on show. There just isn't a lot going on there. I would be fed up watching that every week and I can understand why supporters want a change in manager.

Nevertheless, I had a good time in the Highland capital and I'm looking forward to going to Dumbarton next weekend. Thank you!