Pars vs QP - Sat 28th September

11 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We're such a poor team to watch. We're terrible attacking.

Any win against Raith is good but I think it wasn't as good a performance as many made out. Seemed like an improvement, but we've been here before many times with McPake where the next game wipes that away.

Can't wait until he's gone.

You should mention getting rid of the manager more

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Maybe make it noticeable to the German investors on FB you want him out, they might listen...

Remember you and other posters actually posted all but saying that some Pars fans were questioning the Gmbh Fussball running of the club simply because the were German 😄 🤣  .....some laugh back in the day eh 😃 

I get McPake's not the most exciting manager and people are bored of his style etc, however changing manager isn't guaranteed success either. With the club being up for sale, sacking and then needing to hire a new manager is the last thing the board need. So, unless things get really bad then I can't see him going anywhere soon.

The Raith win will certainly have helped his cause, however we need to build on it. Home games need to be a huge focus, something we didn't do last season so the manager has a huge opportunity to build on the Rovers win and make East End a place teams won't see as an easy point(s).

1 hour ago, North West said:

Remember you and other posters actually posted all but saying that some Pars fans were questioning the Gmbh Fussball running of the club simply because the were German 😄 🤣  .....some laugh back in the day eh 😃 

Well aye. It was the wording of some posters with "ze Germans" and other crap similar in tone, instead of it being on the actual management.

Wish I hadn't backed some so strongly in the beginning but fck, they're incredibly thinned skinned I'll say that much publicly. 

Any complaints that McPake should be sacked because of the style of play are ridiculous tbh.

We have played safety first since he took over almost 2 1/2 years ago and people accepted it because we were winning games.

Thinking we should change manager is a perfectly acceptable POV but trying to claim it’s due to anything other than results just makes you look a little silly IMO.

I take your point @Cardle is Magic, however, fans don't want to watch that type of football so mangers who play it can get away with it until the results dry up. At that point you are left with a style nobody wants and no points.

I've said in other threads that I think the board will stick with him and it's probably something I agree with. It doesn't thrill me but I can't see any obvious replacements in the Scottish game and fear if we push the button, we'll end up in a worse situation. I still think, under McPake, we'll be ok this season but I doubt we'll be pulling up any trees either.

Doesn't make you enthused for a Saturday afternoon but it feels like this season is just about survival and getting the new owners in (hopefully not some crypto fantasist or similar). We need to ditch the guys who are taking up budget and simply not going to get us to the top end of the championship. A full squad rebuild feels on the cards next summer and one of the first questions for the new owners is whether McPake is their man for that. As other have said, unless things really deteriorate I don't see the Board sacking him whilst the sale is ongoing. 

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Well aye. It was the wording of some posters with "ze Germans" and other crap similar in tone, instead of it being on the actual management.

Wish I hadn't backed some so strongly in the beginning but fck, they're incredibly thinned skinned I'll say that much publicly. 

We'll be looking for investors when Willie Haughey's investment supposedly finishes in five years and we already have a link with a German side. Please pass our details to ze Germans.

2 hours ago, Dislocated Boy said:

I take your point @Cardle is Magic, however, fans don't want to watch that type of football

Yet our crowds have remained excellent for the most part during his reign.

Fans don’t give a shit about style of football, even if they claim otherwise. If they did then our attendances should have utterly bombed by now because the football has been almost exclusively brutal under McPake.

Airdrie are supposed to be playing football “the right way” under McCabe and their results have been - somehow - even worse than ours.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We'll be looking for investors when Willie Haughey's investment supposedly finishes in five years and we already have a link with a German side. Please pass our details to ze Germans.

I seem to remember them talking about wanting a club with good youth development and all that by the way... Picked the wrong lower league Scottish team it seems

I’m going to be honest. I’m not fussed about what ‘style’ or ‘brand’ of football we play. I just want us to do whatever it takes to win games. My concerns about McPake have nothing to do with us not playing amazing football. My concerns are result-based.

We won 6/21 home games in all competitions last season (5/18 in the league). This season so far, we’ve won 1/5 (1/3 in the league) including losses to Forfar and Cove.

We’ve also failed to score in 6/10 games so far, in all competitions. It’s genuinely impossible to win without scoring goals and on a few occasions we didn’t even really threaten the opponents goal. Thats not a complaint about McPake’s style, as if we’re expecting to play like Man City. That’s a complaint about a team that aren’t set up to be able to win the game at all.

18 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Yet our crowds have remained excellent for the most part during his reign.

Our announced crowds may have held up, but a simple look around the ground tells a different story. The North West is supposedly virtually sold out but often is half empty, and there are plenty of people who have season tickets in the Norrie who seem to be picking and choosing their games. 

Style of football is way overrated. Couldn't give a flying monkeys as long as we are either winning, or we are creating chances in most games.

The odd stinker I can fully accept, but not when it's constant. 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Our announced crowds may have held up, but a simple look around the ground tells a different story. The North West is supposedly virtually sold out but often is half empty, and there are plenty of people who have season tickets in the Norrie who seem to be picking and choosing their games. 

When I was younger the club supposedly announced lower crowds than we actually had for “tax reasons”, but I guess that’s flipped now…

Are they picking and choosing because the team doesn’t play good football though? Or because the team isn’t winning?

I’d strongly suggest for the majority it’s the latter.

The style of football is a huge factor on if games are being won.

The current style of play isn't effective and so we don't score enough and therefore don't win enough.