Players/coaches with mental commutes

50 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Not Scottish football related but Michael Owen used to commute to training via his own  Helicopter to the Newcastle training ground, not sure where he stayed though down South.

Was that Les Ferdinand?

Not sure Owen ever played in the south?

25 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Was that Les Ferdinand?

Not sure Owen ever played in the south?

Screenshot_20240924_072233_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c516b4bcad3c8ae00d362a552b965eae.jpg

6 hours ago, Beardy23 said:

Peter "The Cat" Bonetti used to row over to the mainland from Mull when he played for Dundee United.

My Mrs was pals with his daughter in those days - Bonetti lived in a house between Bunnessan and Fionnaphort. I'd love to know about the rowing part as it's a hell of a long way from the Ross of Mull to the mainland.

7 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Julie Fleeting was working as a PE teacher (or similar) in a school in Kilwinning while she was playing for Arsenal. She would train with Kilwinning Rangers U21s and just fly down for the games.

That was the usual p/t Scottish arrangement. I remember Kenny and Innes McDonald and maybe Ian McPhee trained with Forfar while playing for Airdrie. I think Tommy Walker did the same but at Arbroath. There'll be loads of others in the past, you don't hear about it as much now.

15 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That was the usual p/t Scottish arrangement. I remember Kenny and Innes McDonald and maybe Ian McPhee trained with Forfar while playing for Airdrie. I think Tommy Walker did the same but at Arbroath. There'll be loads of others in the past, you don't hear about it as much now.

County had similar when they first joined the league, Billy Herd I'm sure trained with Cowdenbeath ( I might be wrong but it was certainly around that area) Willie Furphy definitely train with Albion Rovers.