The Desmond Derby (Dundee v Kilmarnock) - 05/10/24

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I honestly have no idea what Killie were supposed to be doing in that first half. Up to the point we scored you barely got out of your own half. It's not what I expected at all from a McInnes team, because they normally look like they have a plan at least, but that was just dire. We were nothing special, but Killie looked like a hopeless lower league side.

Pumped by a junior side. Dee-lightful. 

Just now, Sortmeout said:

Unfortunately for you a game lasts until the referee blows the full time whistle so how good you are or aren’t for 30/45/85 minutes doesn’t really matter.

Indeed. I was talking about how poor Killie were though in the first half hour, and the fact I was surprised by that.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Indeed. I was talking about how poor Killie were though in the first half hour, and the fact I was surprised by that.

I’m surprised you were surprised as we’ve really not been great this season so far and to be honest poor first halfs are sort of the norm under McInnes most of the time.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Not sure I would drop Watkins but definitely time for Vassell to miss a game or two.

Vassell has been shite all seson, a big cairthorse who does doon quicker than a saturday coupon. needs to be dropped pronto.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m surprised you were surprised as we’ve really not been great this season so far and to be honest poor first halfs are sort of the norm under McInnes most of the time.

Haven't seen Killie play yet this season and had sort of assumed the poor start was probably something to do with the European games, because that sometimes does screw about with a team's start to the league season, but if you've just been straightforward keek then fair enough. Thought it was probably the same sort of thing affecting Hearts, and St.Mirren's own iffy start, but having actually seen Hearts it's clear they were just in a bit of a state under Naismith.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You literally only came to life when McCracken flogged the first.

Btw is Vassel always that bad?

4 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The second half was quite poor. Until our goalkeeper flogged a goal, you didn't look interested. 

You battered us thereafter and tore us to shreds as the goal swing proved but where was that Kilmarnock for 85 minutes? 

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You literally only came to life when McCracken flogged the first.

Btw is Vassel always that bad?

Vassell is either on it or off it. When he’s on it he is an asset but when he’s off it he is like a man down.

Personally I am a fan of his but also think it’s time for someone else to get a chance. Last season we were pretty solid defensively and some of that was down to both the strikers working so hard…..however now that we are conceding so many goals there isn’t really much of a defence as to why he is in the team.

35 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Matty Kennedy powered by booooooooooos

Did Deewok pump his missus or something?

Felt like he always scored against them for saints 

Wow, some game that.  Two great goals from Dundee.  A bizarre sending off (from my angle it looked as though Sylla was deliberately shoved in the back causing him to fall to the ground.  If the referee thought he deliberately lashed out with his elbow it should have been a straight red - not a second booking.

Fair play to Kilmarnock they kept on using the width of the pitch and got in some very decent crosses, albeit they should have been dealt with them better.

Regarding the actions of McInnes at full time.  When standing near the centre of the pitch he faced the Derry several times waving his right arm over towards where he was, entirely consistent with gesturing for the Dundee fans to come onto the pitch.  In nearly 50 years of going to Dens I don’t recall ever seeing anything like it, particularly as nobody was giving him any abuse. Utterly bizarre behaviour from a manager who is old enough and has been around long enough to know better. 

Edited by Shadow Play

11 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Regarding the actions of McInnes at full time.  When standing near the centre of the pitch he faced the Derry several times waving his right arm over towards where he was, entirely consistent with gesturing for the Dundee fans to come onto the pitch.  In nearly 50 years of going to Dens I don’t recall ever seeing anything like it, particularly as nobody was giving him any abuse. Utterly bizarre behaviour from a manager who is old enough and has been enough long enough to know better. 

Love it.

14 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

McInnes acting like a fud after being helped by the referee to three points. Moronic.

Enjoy the tainted victory. Long season ahead.

Thank you.

Really enjoying it. Posts like this are enhancing my enjoyment even further.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

I honestly have no idea what Killie were supposed to be doing in that first half. Up to the point we scored you barely got out of your own half. It's not what I expected at all from a McInnes team, because they normally look like they have a plan at least, but that was just dire. We were nothing special, but Killie looked like a hopeless lower league side.

Yes but the right subs, determination and class eventually got the result.