2nd vs The Invincibles

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, you lot started it!

Don’t think you’ll find many Ayr fans who knew who your right back was, let alone compare him to Dylan Watret. He had a good game yesterday and fair play to someone else from coming out the lowlands and not looking out of place. 

If this is coming from our excitement of Watret then I don’t know what to tell you. He’s 18, it’s his first experience of football at this level and he’s an Ayr fan who’s already turned down moves to stay with us. And he’s been an absolute standout in every game he’s played so far. It just so happens that he stood out for the wrong reasons yesterday. Despite yesterday, I still wouldn’t swap him for anyone else in the league. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Well, you lot started it!

I’m really not sure we did. 

One of your very weird fans, who regularly invades our thread, came in talking about how much better Adams was than Watret - simply because we were raving about an excellent performance from a 17 year old, in Watret. 

I didn’t see yesterday, so looking forward to seeing Adams in the return game. Good to see guys coming up the levels and excelling, particularly if it looks like they can kick on further. Like Watret though, given the level he has came from you would expect a dip at some point!

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I didn’t see yesterday, so looking forward to seeing Adams in the return game. Good to see guys coming up the levels and excelling, particularly if it looks like they can kick on further. Like Watret though, given the level he has came from you would expect a dip at some point!

Good luck to Adams. He's clearly a decent player and will play at a higher level pretty soon. It's good to see players like him, Anton Dowds or Luke McBeth at Partick that don't come up through the conventional academy route.

Despite putting in probably his poorest performance yesterday I'm sure Watret will also soon be at a higher level than we can provide. Given the likes of Arsenal have been watching him, I'd expect him to move down south and, given the length of his contract, that we'll be well recompensed.

Be interesting to see how he gets on with the Scotland under-19s this week as, as far as I know, it's his first call up.

15 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Good luck to Adams. He's clearly a decent player and will play at a higher level pretty soon. It's good to see players like him, Anton Dowds or Luke McBeth at Partick that don't come up through the conventional academy route.

Despite putting in probably his poorest performance yesterday I'm sure Watret will also soon be at a higher level than we can provide. Given the likes of Arsenal have been watching him, I'd expect him to move down south and, given the length of his contract, that we'll be well recompensed.

Be interesting to see how he gets on with the Scotland under-19s this week as, as far as I know, it's his first call up.

He's a young lad, he'll have the odd bad game, and will learn from it. Your fans won't have got excited about him for nothing there must be a lot of talent there. It's a problem position for Scotland so any good young right backs coming through is a massive positive.

I hope he stays with you and gets lots of games under his belt before moving for a good fee  rather than getting lost in the English youth system. 

On 05/10/2024 at 17:59, itzdrk said:

The Rus patter is tragic btw.  Poor finishing cost him 2 goals after dribbling past multiple players.  You definitely did notice him. 

Most embarrassing post I’ve seen on P&B in years tbh.

You can almost see the tears on the screen.

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lowland league is still senior football fwiw. Watret didn’t show up well yesterday but it’s the first time it’s happened this season and he’s only 18 so I’m sure it was going to happen. I’m absolutely certain that he’ll be playing at a higher level next season. 

Never seen a fan base so determined to prove that their right back is better than someone else’s. 

He was probably one spooked by the fans.