Arbroath v Inverness Caledonian Thistle

We are starting to click a wee bit so hopefully that continues on Saturday against an Inverness team I am really not overly sure about. They seem very stodgy and their results seem to suggest it too. 6 draws from 8 matches and 6 goals scored and lost from 8 matches too.

Arbroath look like they’ve found a spark in recent weeks with guys like Stewart, Dow and Fraser Taylor on his debut showing some really exciting stuff going forward.

Dylan Smith will definitely be in for a start at centre half I think he’s not come here to sit on his arse and no play and I’m not sure whether that will be for Tam O’Brien or Keith Watson just now but hopefully one of them is back and playing for their experience which will be really important. Have to imagine Spalding will maybe miss this one too after that injury last week but it would be a perfect time to throw Taylor in from the start there. 

McAdams

Bisland

Smith 

ToB / Watson

Wilkie 

Flynn

Stewart 

Taylor 

Dow 

Murray

Reilly

A win here for 3 in a row be huge before getting the wee break in the cup week after which will hopefully let us get some bodies back.

Wary of Inverness though, think Brooks looks like the player I would be most worried about but I’ve just noticed he never even started the weekend past. Big Adam MacKinnon playing for them now too. 

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wary of Inverness though, think Brooks looks like the player I would be most worried about but I’ve just noticed he never even started the weekend past. Big Adam MacKinnon playing for them now too. 

Brooks couldn’t finish his dinner, not much to worry about there 

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Brooks couldn’t finish his dinner, not much to worry about there 

Always stands out I think for his pace and movement but I remember watching highlights of your game down at Annan and this would make more sense as to why he’s not playing. Maybe still be good playing off a striker though? Just happy to see him on the bench.

I thought Inverness were in a stronger place before checking their team sheet from Saturday, still got some decent players in there. I’d have liked to see Gilmour and Davidson at Gayfield, Gilmour was rumoured a while back but ended up with you and Davidson seems like a reliable enough guy to have in and around the squad. Devine and Duffy two of the regular names. Longstaff although not liked by you lads was always good against us when he played for Cove. What’s the script with the keeper? Would you have preferred to keep Ridgers?

Hope Arbroath have enough to get the 3 points.

36 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Always stands out I think for his pace and movement but I remember watching highlights of your game down at Annan and this would make more sense as to why he’s not playing. Maybe still be good playing off a striker though? Just happy to see him on the bench.

I thought Inverness were in a stronger place before checking their team sheet from Saturday, still got some decent players in there. I’d have liked to see Gilmour and Davidson at Gayfield, Gilmour was rumoured a while back but ended up with you and Davidson seems like a reliable enough guy to have in and around the squad. Devine and Duffy two of the regular names. Longstaff although not liked by you lads was always good against us when he played for Cove. What’s the script with the keeper? Would you have preferred to keep Ridgers?

Hope Arbroath have enough to get the 3 points.

I’ve only been to one game this season so can’t offer much, but Brooks looked decent against Alloa but he just can’t seem to get the ball in the net. Maybe needs one or two to get him going. 

Musa’s looked decent, I’d seen him a few times for Bo’ness and he was solid but wasn’t sure how he’d fare further up. Ridgers going was disappointing the way the club handled it but after his performances in the playoffs I can’t say I was overly gutted he left. 

Might sound harsh but he was poor for at least 3 of the goals and could be argued he should’ve done better for another. Regardless, he still should’ve been treated far better than he was by the club.