Cove v Queens - the apostrophe free thread

1 minute ago, overthetop said:

Was thinking that myself.

whats the record number of away games without scoring?

What’s the point in putting 2 subs on with 3 minutes to go. Utter garbage. After Kieran pushed yet another opponent rather than beating him and giving away a free kick … again… I asked him why he pushed him and was told to f!!k off. Classy. On this showing we will be in a different league next year…the second. Tried to attack more in second half and Kennedy better but we have no goal threat and if the shot that hit the post had gone in it would have been 3-0

Five consecutive away league games and not a solitary goal. That takes some doing from a FT outfit in L1.To be fair the Stenny match was the only one that we looked remotely like scoring. Looking at the squad there is no positivity in the forward areas  other than perhaps Dickensen but our worst fears about his fitness seem to be well founded unfortunately. Plays one or two games then out for weeks. If that trend continues we are in big trouble.

Murphy has a big job on his hands to turn this mess around because failing to score goals is a sure recipe for failure at any level of football.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Does anyone know how to get onto live updates now on the OS. I'm on my phone and don't have an app. Assuming there live updates available.

Theres a link right at the top of the mobile page that takes you to the app.

If you scroll down theres usually a link on the "next match" bit (although might have been missing today), but scroll down a little more and theres a link where the countdown is.

Or, theres a menu link just under the badge and the Live Updates are under Teams.

24 minutes ago, overthetop said:

Was thinking that myself.

whats the record number of away games without scoring?

I believe it is 6 league games (if you don’t count the play-offs) achieved by 3 at the end of 18/19 and 3 at the start of 19/20.
If you do count play-offs, I think today equalled the record of 5 set at the end of 1931/32 and the start of 1932/33. But I could be wrong about that one.
I think this is the longest Queens have gone at the start of a season without scoring an away goal in the league.
They’ve played on 6 away SPFL grounds this season and haven’t scored a goal on any of them.