Alex Salmond deid.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Did he not just deny any criminality?

Indeed. He stated that was he was, “by no means an angel” but always denied any criminality. In the end, the jurors agreed with this. 

The two Salmond absolutist don’t realise that they do his legacy no favours by wilfully seeing things in black and white. Any one who was around the Party machine during his hey day knew that Salmond was at best a bully and at worst a creepy b*****ding bully. That doesn’t take away his achievements and contributions to life in Scotland. He was one of my political heroes in my early twenties, he was imo the best political mind of his time in Scotland but the idea that the sun shone out his arse is ignorant in the extreme. It’s a far more nuanced subject.  

31 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

Indeed. He stated that was he was, “by no means an angel” but always denied any criminality. In the end, the jurors agreed with this. 

The two Salmond absolutist don’t realise that they do his legacy no favours by wilfully seeing things in black and white. Any one who was around the Party machine during his hey day knew that Salmond was at best a bully and at worst a creepy b*****ding bully. That doesn’t take away his achievements and contributions to life in Scotland. He was one of my political heroes in my early twenties, he was imo the best political mind of his time in Scotland but the idea that the sun shone out his arse is ignorant in the extreme. It’s a far more nuanced subject.  

Being a bully back then was often how people got things done 

Alex Ferguson was a bully,  we going to strip his titles 

5 minutes ago, Binos said:

Being a bully back then was often how people got things done 

Alex Ferguson was a bully,  we going to strip his titles 

You clearly haven’t read what I wrote. 

Edited by Londonwell

1 minute ago, Wee-Bey said:

The woke mob won't even let high flyers bully people and sniff woman's hair any more.

It wasn't anymore 

It was back in the day 

Wonder if wee Tommy bullied anyone on route to 91 cup final

16 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

You appear to have forgotten that charge 6 was withdrawn by the prosecution part way through the trial, so no question of guilt was put to the jury regarding this charge. Lady Dorian formally acquitted Salmond of this charge during the trial. Reasonable doubt doesn't come into this, so Salmond was innocent of charge 6, as even the prosecution felt that there was no reasonable chance of a conviction.

When did you get your law degree?

If Johnson or McConnell had faced the same charges on the same (lack of) evidence, I would hope that my reaction would be the same. Good straw man attempt though.

1) That question wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the person I was replying to.

2) Aye, right.

12 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

You’re allowed to acknowledge someone’s achievements in their field (Ferguson in football, Salmond in politics) while simultaneously thinking that they were almost certainly a complete p***k. 

Maybe not Hitler, though.