Where can the EOSFA/L improve?

I think the EoSL website is actually very good. The live scores is a great feature and I know it's not perfect but likely relies on direct updates from clubs. But in general it's great for matchdays.

My only criticism of the website is there is a bit of a delay in the "confirmed" full-time scores being allocated to the competition split results and following this a bit of a delay in the league tables being updated, but usually this is all done by end of the day and I can live with that. The EoSL website is definitely better run and maintained than the Lowland League one.

Where EoSL is seriously let down is social media. It's really poorly done and does feel like an afterthought which is usually forgotten. It really is just a series of shared posts and no unique content. I suspect whoever has that role isn't a natural or active social media user which is why it slips by. 

6 minutes ago, General Dread said:

Again, I've made no reference to the stats stuff. It's more the putting out the scores and the like. The graphics Ryan uses for the attendances are absolutely fine and he does a commendable job on that.

So why copy his hand written notes and mentioning amateurish in the same space? 

Just now, Casey Jones said:

So why copy his hand written notes and mentioning amateurish in the same space? 

Because that post specifically refers to the 'FT results are all in' rather than it being about the 'working notes' on attendances.

1 minute ago, General Dread said:

Because that post specifically refers to the 'FT results are all in' rather than it being about the 'working notes' on attendances.

You’re on the wrong forum then! If your grip is solely with EoS website data, then speak/message them directly. It looks like you have loads of time to do so with replying to all who are responding to you. 

6 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

I think the EoSL website is actually very good. The live scores is a great feature and I know it's not perfect but likely relies on direct updates from clubs. But in general it's great for matchdays.

My only criticism of the website is there is a bit of a delay in the "confirmed" full-time scores being allocated to the competition split results and following this a bit of a delay in the league tables being updated, but usually this is all done by end of the day and I can live with that. The EoSL website is definitely better run and maintained than the Lowland League one.

Where EoSL is seriously let down is social media. It's really poorly done and does feel like an afterthought which is usually forgotten. It really is just a series of shared posts and no unique content. I suspect whoever has that role isn't a natural or active social media user which is why it slips by. 

The website isn't too bad at all tbf. Could be better (mainly in appearance really) but could be far, far worse.

Just now, Casey Jones said:

You’re on the wrong forum then! If your grip is solely with EoS website data, then speak/message them directly. It looks like you have loads of time to do so with replying to all who are responding to you. 

It's not. I've not mentioned that once as being one of the areas that I think are in desperate need of improvement.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

According to the Committee page on the EoS website there are two people on it with responsibilities for 'Social Media & Publicity'. With 50+ members if someone thinks they can do better they should look to volunteer.

I have previously. I'd also previously offered to refresh the league and association's logo and produce a set of graphics for them to use on matchdays for fixtures/results/tables with no response.