Where can the EOSFA/L improve?

Just now, newcastle broon said:

You ya dafty you've left a trail behind yer different aliases. :lol:

Ones a personal account for posting about a variety of things - not exclusive to Dunipace - and the other one is for posting club-related stuff. Just like we have a club Twitter account and I have my own personal one. You’re definitely no Columbo anyway. 

44 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

I think the EoSL website is actually very good. The live scores is a great feature and I know it's not perfect but likely relies on direct updates from clubs. But in general it's great for matchdays.

My only criticism of the website is there is a bit of a delay in the "confirmed" full-time scores being allocated to the competition split results and following this a bit of a delay in the league tables being updated, but usually this is all done by end of the day and I can live with that. The EoSL website is definitely better run and maintained than the Lowland League one.

Where EoSL is seriously let down is social media. It's really poorly done and does feel like an afterthought which is usually forgotten. It really is just a series of shared posts and no unique content. I suspect whoever has that role isn't a natural or active social media user which is why it slips by. 

There's always room to improve but the EoS is way ahead of the other comparable leagues which are dominated by a "Third Party" organisation.

It might be as well to run comparisons against  them in order to gain a broader perspective about how good/bad any League is?

1 minute ago, General Dread said:

Ones a personal account for posting about a variety of things - not exclusive to Dunipace - and the other one is for posting club-related stuff. Just like we have a club Twitter account and I have my own personal one. You’re definitely no Columbo anyway. 

Dunipace not been seen or heard on the forum since mid September and suddenly appears on this topic. Meanwhile your account opens same time Dunipace disappeared. 

Yer right I'm no Columbo. Animated GIF

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Dunipace not been seen or heard on the forum since mid September and suddenly appears on this topic. Meanwhile your account opens same time Dunipace disappeared. 

Yer right I'm no Columbo. Animated GIF

Just to clarify, I’ve not changed my username then? 

I opened a personal account because  I was browsing here more than I anticipated and want to be able to post about anything that takes my fancy without it being on the club account. 

Think we’ve only had two games or something since I last posted with the club account on here. 😂

4 minutes ago, General Dread said:

Just to clarify, I’ve not changed my username then? 

I opened a personal account because  I was browsing here more than I anticipated and want to be able to post about anything that takes my fancy without it being on the club account. 

Think we’ve only had two games or something since I last posted with the club account on here. 😂

You've had a f**king mare there lad 😂

By all means post on your personal account and we'll take it as not Dunipace related, but don't try and come the c**t or you'll be rightfully torn apart!

FWIW I think there is room for improvement but there's a lot to think about and plenty of people who will find a reason to be offended or criticise the league when posting on social media. It's a headache the league can do without when the website is perfectly functional

8 minutes ago, General Dread said:

So there are areas you think can be improved since you think it’s only a ‘decent enough’ job? 

Jeezo pal I get all the info I need. I couldn't care less if it's written on the back of a cigarette packet. 

Just now, Spyro said:

You've had a f**king mare there lad 😂

By all means post on your personal account and we'll take it as not Dunipace related, but don't try and come the c**t or you'll be rightfully torn apart!

FWIW I think there is room for improvement but there's a lot to think about and plenty of people who will find a reason to be offended or criticise the league when posting on social media. It's a headache the league can do without when the website is perfectly functional

Then why bother having it if it’s such a headache and why have board members with specific responsibilities for social media? 

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Jeezo pal I get all the info I need. I couldn't care less if it's written on the back of a cigarette packet. 

That’s the spirit. Why try to move forward when you can stay exactly where you are. 😂

6 minutes ago, General Dread said:

Then why bother having it if it’s such a headache and why have board members with specific responsibilities for social media? 

Having the page for certains thing and coverage is essential, but having multiple, subjective posts is just a recipe for trolls and Facebook-da's to find a problem that will cause an unnecessary headache. Social media is a cesspit

Edited by Spyro

Just now, Spyro said:

Having the page for certain thing and coverage is essential, but having multiple, subjective posts is just a recipe for trolls and Facebook-da's to find a problem that will cause an unnecessary headache. Social media is a cesspit

Nobody is saying have ‘multiple subjective posts’. You’re arguing against something nobody has asked for. 

The topic seems to have moved on from the EoS to discussing duplicate accounts but, for what it's worth, I think the EoS do a good job with updates of scores on their site when matches are taking place. That's a very useful way of following the scores. They are, however, far slower than many of the other leagues in updating their tables. They have the final scores listed on the live scores section at the top of the site but it can take hours from them to be properly put in as results and for the table to update. That's the main criticism I'd have.

Edited by stanley

9 minutes ago, General Dread said:

Nobody is saying have ‘multiple subjective posts’. You’re arguing against something nobody has asked for. 

So all you really want is some flashy backgrounds on the results? Leave that to the WoS so people can have a cry about the no being able to see the writing because it has white characters on a purple background and "looks like a child did it"... 

The EoS website is the envy of the other leagues, even if it does look like it was created in 1989. It's easy, functional, clear and updated pretty quickly considering they rely on the clubs confirming results. While the social media accounts are there to send you to the website.