Rovers v Spiders

On 19/10/2024 at 17:34, R12ATH said:

The dip in form from the whole squad is remarkable from last season. Not one player at the level they can individually perform to. Something is not right.... its not like its 1 or 2 that are off it, they are all miles off it.

Maybe if we stop giving 3 year deals then the players won’t feel so comfortable 

Easton goes down in the box - how many of those are dives and how many are actually penalties? Maybe 50% if I'm being generous to the wee shite.

The one at the end? Guy falls over trying to defend - he's not really in control of where his hands are. 

Best bit was the burly guy in the gilet giving McLeish full GIRUY as he celebrated the goal. Absolutely hilarious and I'd buy him a pint for the entertainment.

Raith certainly scorned chances but we were firing crosses across the goalmouth that someone like Paton would have gobbled up. That's not meant as a criticism of Rudden who put a real good shift it.

We defended well and defending is part of the game.

Rovers looked decent and will creep up the league.

9 hours ago, Dave said:

Honestly didn't think either team did enough to deserve a win on Saturday. We knocked the ball about a bit but didn't really have that cutting edge up front. Raith created more chances but were absolutely hopeless at putting them away. Instead of greeting about a 50/50 penalty decision Rovers fans should be directing their ire at Hamilton for having the freedom of the QP box and blazing over from 8 yards. 

Thought the Raith penalty was soft at the time and replays don't change my mind of that, and we scored from a hopeful long range shot with a wild deflection. Fitting of the game imo. 

For QP, our defence & Ferrie dealt well with the pressure, and Evans & Drozd looked good off the bench. Despite their league position, going to Raith and leaving with a point is a very good result. 

And finally, a massive LOL and GIRFUY to Dylan Easton for being a petulant wee shite. It absolutely was a foul on Ryan Duncan, and he threw a wee temper tantrum then mouthed off to the ref for no reason. Saves some of his biggest howlers for playing us and I appreciate the effort. 

Fairy story here. If Rovers had won this game 4v0 I would have said we should have won by more.

2 hours ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Fairy story here. If Rovers had won this game 4v0 I would have said we should have won by more.

4 penalties for one team in a game is pretty rare. Maybe Raith fans could moan enough for it though, I believe in yous xx

EDIT: A second reading of this makes me think you missed a bit of punctuation. Should it be
"Fairy story here: if Rovers had won this game 4v0 I would have said we should have won by more."
?

Edited by starshot131

7 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

C'mon now buddy. How many soft pens a game do you guys need to win?  If that was given it would have been very very harsh.  Your problem is not poor refereeing decisions, it is not taking your chances.

You’re absolutely right about where our problems lie- if we’d taken just one of the several decent chances we created the penalty shout would have been irrelevant. 
I’m definitely not saying that is why we didn’t win the game. 

However, it doesn’t change the fact that those claiming not giving the penalty was the correct decision are seeing the incident through heavily black and white tinted glasses.