Rovers v Spiders

If nothing else, the Rovers games have been some of the most eventful and generally even, (including the 2-5) games we've had over the last few years.  Hopefully this one will end with QP keeping 11 on the park and not sh*tting the bed in the last 5 mins.

On 15/10/2024 at 12:10, qpfc said:

Think a lot underestimated this squad going into this season (myself included) but it’s considerably better than last season.

Agreed, though the squad he has now is far stronger than the one he started with against Falkirk back in August....don't think anyone would have thought then that we'd be in a position of being able to loan out a CB and have other options beyond Rudden up front.  CD has, if nothing else, stopped the chaotic, shambolic and comical defending of the Veldman era.  If we can add goals then we'd be a shoe-in for top four, though I'm not sure we're there yet.  Think this has 1-1/2-2 written all over it.

3 hours ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I see @McGuigan1978 predicting a 2-1 defeat boys. What is going on to make one of your own lose hope?

Traditional Scottish pessimism. Part of our support should be on suicide watch it seems, some utterly dreary people. Hopefully his prediction is as wild as his choice in shirts. 

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

IMG_8391.thumb.jpeg.9d8f067b186cb539895d1e493e71de92.jpeg

We’ve squeezed in another two wins in the challenge cup in that timescale also, albeit lower leagues. What’s noticeable in this table though, for QP, is all those points and only +2 goals. From what was on view last Friday at Annan though it looks very likely this will start improving very soon too. 

12 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Traditional Scottish pessimism. Part of our support should be on suicide watch it seems, some utterly dreary people. Hopefully his prediction is as wild as his choice in shirts. 

Queen's Park's last defeat was back in the middle of August to Aberdeen, and in the same timeframe we've lost five, drawn once and won one. Not sure it's that wild a prediction?

There's a big difference between being pessimistic and pragmatic and to suggest an away win on Saturday would fall into the latter camp. 

I'm probably as happy clapper as they come, but I don't think you can say it's wild to say Queens are favourites given they've only lost to Thistle and Falkirk so far. 

10 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There's a big difference between being pessimistic and pragmatic and to suggest an away win on Saturday would fall into the latter camp. 

I'm probably as happy clapper as they come, but I don't think you can say it's wild to say Queens are favourites given they've only lost to Thistle and Falkirk so far. 

The bookies have us as favourites for this one. It would no doubt be reversed away from home but there you go.

Rovers have been far better at home than away this season. 2 wins 1 draw (where we threw away a win), 1 defeat (that we should never have lost). Compared to our dire away form of 4 defeats 3 of which were to teams you could argue will be in a relegation fight. 

Queens Park have had a good start and Davidson seems to have sorted them out. 

This is as typical a championship game in terms of literally anything could happen as you'll get.  Massive win either way, score draw or the worst game of football you'll ever see. 

Edited by pub car king

1 minute ago, stevoraith said:

Ironically, the only two teams that we have beaten. 

The Falkirk game was before we'd made a few significant signings. At Firhill we were without Cal Ferrie who got himself suspended the week before, and our only striker (at the time) was playing with a back injury.

Both performances were disappointing but there's at least some mitigation for them which is why they're not worth dwelling on too much. I still expect this to be one of our toughest matches yet though.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Queen's Park's last defeat was back in the middle of August to Aberdeen, and in the same timeframe we've lost five, drawn once and won one. Not sure it's that wild a prediction?

I think with us having as fit a squad as we've had in a long time as well as what's looking like a new way of playing with a high press etc it should give us some optimism as well as being at home. 

Queens have been on a very good run of form overall, but there isn't a team that's infallible in this league, we've been hampered by injury and individual error, if we can cut out the latter we'll be ok.