Saints v Staggies 19th Oct

Should be a decent game, looking forward to a Perth jaunt. Hope County can keep recent progress up. Defence looking much better than earlier in season. A 2-1 Staggies win? 

Edited by Lanky Highlander
typo

Still waiting to find out if the manager we hired 2 weeks ago can be in charge for this game or if we're stuck with Leveins love child playing manager for another week.

Brexit, eh, what a laugh.

If Saints get their new gaffer in, they'll likely manage to hold us to a draw or sneak a win.

Otherwise, I think we shitefest a 1-0. Ronan Hale doing Ronan Hale things.

I was looking forward to the potential new start after the international break but to find out the other day the manager hasn't got a work permit yet so  hasn't been working on implementing his plans and improvements during the break has made it significantly less appealing. 

Can't wait for another Andy Kirk turgid performance with Clark playing deeper etc. 🤢

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

7 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I was looking forward to the potential new start after the international break but to find out the other day the manager hasn't got a work permit yet so  hasn't been working on implementing his plans and improvements during the break has made it significantly less appealing. 

Can't wait for another Andy Kirk turgid performance with Clark playing deeper etc. 🤢

Yeah it's kind of stunted my enthusiasm too. Had hoped a week+ of a new, energising, voice on the training ground/sideline and new ideas would've helped us in what's already a massive game for us.

I think even if he's there on the touchline it might give a boost during the game having that personality there instead of Kirk being at the forefront, so hopefully that happens.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Still waiting to find out if the manager we hired 2 weeks ago can be in charge for this game or if we're stuck with Leveins love child playing manager for another week.

Brexit, eh, what a laugh.

First positive Brexit side effect if it gets us the 3 points

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I blame Cami. 

If he starts this game they need to put on an open training session so we can all get some sort of understanding of what it is that managers see in him. Can’t think of a single strength of his game or positive to him generally that would make anyone pick him. At least with someone like Ali Crawford you could say he’s a good finisher or decent technically. 

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It would surely be illegal for him to be picking the team, so you'd hope for his and St Johnstone's sake that he isn't.

I’m sure he’s been twiddling his thumbs doing absolutely nothing for the last 2 weeks waiting for his permit to come in. 

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It would surely be illegal for him to be picking the team, so you'd hope for his and St Johnstone's sake that he isn't.

Can't wait for the police to charge into McDiarmid to investigate whether he decided if we should start Josh Rae or Ross Sinclair. 

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Officer, I am absolutely certain that Gus MacPherson identified, scouted and processed the signing of that Croatian defender that we signed this week.

If he happens to have recently played for the same Latvian team that Simo Valakari managed then that's quite the coincidence but these things do happen.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can't wait for the police to charge into McDiarmid to investigate whether he decided if we should start Josh Rae or Ross Sinclair. 

To be fair, the police would be quite within their rights to consider playing either one of those guys as a crime.  

Excitement for this one is clearly at an all time high. I suspect we might be exposed to another 90 minutes of football terrorism on both sides of the fence.

I’d like to see something like:

Laidlaw

Brown - Wright - Lopata - Leak - Campbell

Randall - Nisbet

Chilvers

White - Hale

That midfield might be a bit lightweight, but gone are the days of heading down to Perth and getting builled by Murray Davidson, so why not try and have more flair in there.