Team of the Season so far

I know we're only 9 games in, but a quarter of the way into the season is definitely enough time to put together TOTS contenders. 

With a massive Livi bias, I reckon:

Prior

Milne McGowan Tizzard Megwa

Ross Pittman Spencer Tait Easton

Dowds

Second CB is where I struggled the most. Honestly considered putting Nottingham in there but thought it was too much. I'm sure I've forgotten someone obvious as well

16 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I know we're only 9 games in, but a quarter of the way into the season is definitely enough time to put together TOTS contenders. 

Prior

Dowds

Second CB is where I struggled the most. Honestly considered putting Nottingham in there but thought it was too much. I'm sure I've forgotten someone obvious as well

Even as a thistle fan I can't justify Megwa being in there off a handful of appearances 

Based on who I’ve actually seen this season.

Prior

Watret

McGowan

McMann

Milne

Pittman

Spencer

Tait 

Rus

Kane*

Ross

*I think this is the worst year for picking a good striker. Dowds was scoring a few for us but as pointed out, they were mainly penalties. I was also in the minority that felt he wasn’t nearly as good as he was last season. Obviously we’re missing him now but I think that’s more about how fit into our system than anything else. The usual suspects haven’t really done anything against us. Graham was rotten, Rudden was quiet and MacIver didn’t play in the league game but in the league cup he was poor. Chris Kane is the only striker that’s actually troubled us but that’s maybe due to who we played in defence that day. I thought Stevie May was good against us on Saturday but then had one of the funniest collapses in front of goal that I’ve ever seen so I plumped for Chris Kane instead.

If someone gets lucky in January with a loan striker then it could genuinely be the difference between what playoffs they finish in or who wins the league. 

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Prior

Dowds

Tizzard a bad call imo. Dane Murray's been great fwiw, but I'd have to say kerr has been our star player and I'd be surprised if there's been a better RB in the league so far

Based purely on what I’ve seen against us this season: Missed the Falkirk game opening day so not really been able to forge any opinion on their players 

Roberts - Partick

kerr - QP

Murray - QP

Mcgowan- Livi

Milne- Partick

Dempsey - Ayr

Kelly - Livi 

Pitman - Livi

Easton - Raith

Fitzpatrick- Partick 

*Oakley - Ayr

*The striker options have been horrendous so far. Dowds would have been a shoe in prior to his injury. Cannot think of anyone that’s remotely impressed up top against us so I’ve plumped for Oakley given his history of scoring against us and being a general nuisance 

Edited by qpfc

Hogarth

Adams  McGowan  McMann  Mackie

Spencer  Dempsey

Henderson  Pittman  Miller

Shaw

Purely based on players I have seen.  Watret and Reading could have been in at full back, but hard to argue against those I have picked instead given Falkirks great start.  

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

No sure how Dowds is in there tbh.  4 of the 5 goals were penalties and he has 0 assists.  

11 hours ago, starshot131 said:

Tizzard a bad call imo. Dane Murray's been great fwiw, but I'd have to say kerr has been our star player and I'd be surprised if there's been a better RB in the league so far

12 hours ago, jaggyness said:

Even as a thistle fan I can't justify Megwa being in there off a handful of appearances 

All of these are fair tbh. There are a few shoe-ins (McGowan, Milne, Spencer, Pittman, Tait), but everything else is up for debate.

Striker, there's no strong candidate. I put Dowds in there as his hit rate was so high before his injury, but it's not as if he was performing so well that he would be near the shoe-in list. Similarly, there aren't any stand out keepers so far - I'd have put Debrowski in there based on the first 89 minutes of the Raith/Livi game.

12 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The only Jags players who deserve to be anywhere near this lineup are Myles Roberts and Harry Milne.

I’d maybe make an outside shout for Dan O’Reilly as well, but aye, probably this.

Myles Roberts is the best keeper in the division, which is extremely fortunate given we only got him out of desperation when Mitchell got f**ked. 

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I would, but you do you. 

Fair enough, but you're still talking about a boy who has played 10 games vs the guy who's been in the team of the season two years in a row. Thought he looked really solid against us btw, not disputing that, but it's going to take a bit more than what he's done so far for your claim to be anything less than slightly premature.

Purely based on what I've seen this season, with a sprinkle of bias.

Roberts

Adams Mcgowan Henderson Milne

Tait Spencer

Easton Rus Ross

Graham (Only got to be Graham as he scored a decent goal against us, really not many options so far with Dowds and MacIver being injured.)

Edited by SouthStander1876

5 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Fair enough, but you're still talking about a boy who has played 10 games vs the guy who's been in the team of the season two years in a row. Thought he looked really solid against us btw, not disputing that, but it's going to take a bit more than what he's done so far for your claim to be anything less than slightly premature.

I think in those nine hundred minutes of football Thistle fans have seen enough of him to know that he's an excellent keeper. I rate Ferrie, but all I've seen of him this season was a very dodgy display against Falkirk.

It's team of the season, not team of the last two seasons, that's why Brian Graham's barely been mentioned.