Clydebank

TheScarf

Guest Shuggy42

I'm as happy as anybody about the Bankies revival but am a bit disappointed about the attitude that they should aim to get back to the SFL. The SFL isn't the be all and end all and there is a definate dog eat dog attitude among the SFL clubs (not the fans) that you see less of in the juniors - Bankies found out a few years back.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dont get us wrong shuggy, we enjoy the juniors where it is real football people you deal with but our long term aim has to be back playing senior football, but we are realistic that it will not be for a good while yet.We want to promote ourselves as a community club(and do it not too badly if I say so myself) and also promote junior football to the best of our ability while we are at it.

Our derby games with Yoker and Vale of Leven tend to attract around 600.

PtB

Just a quick question. Why, when Ceefax had it as a home game for Yoker Athletic, was Saturday's match against the Bankies not played at Holm Park but at somewhere up in Duntocher. :unsure::blink: I was going to go along, as Holm Park is just around the corner at the bottom of my street - but I honestly couldn't be arsed dragging myslef over to Duntocher on the off-chance I could actually find the ground! :rolleyes::lol:

BTW, Yoker Athletic 2 - 0 Bankies!! :o:ph34r:

It was Yoker's home matchand they ran out deserved winners(b*****d!). A crowd of around 400 was in attendance - easily the lowest this fixture has pulled in 3 years.

Vale of Leven at home next week in Duntocher. Ground is very easy to find, just off the main street and visible from it.

It was Yoker's home matchand they ran out deserved winners(b*****d!). A crowd of around 400 was in attendance - easily the lowest this fixture has pulled in 3 years.

Vale of Leven at home next week in Duntocher. Ground is very easy to find, just off the main street and visible from it.

Cheers for that. I'll bear it in mind in future. ;) However the thrill of a day out to sunny Cowdenbeath prevents me from coming along this Saturday. :rolleyes: All the best against the Leven mob though! :)

Well on this occasion I would like to say thanks - I'm sure you won't be too surprised that I won't return the gesture though.......

I know alot of you guys bear my club alot of ill-will (and justifiably) but I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the best in this and forthcoming seasons.

All the best guys!

Well all the best, keep those eejits down - cant stand them!!!

Cheers for that. I'll bear it in mind in future. ;) However the thrill of a day out to sunny Cowdenbeath prevents me from coming along this Saturday. :rolleyes: All the best against the Leven mob though! :)

Guest jamesieboy

Yes, keep the Cowdung down. They're by far the most moronic fans the Sons have ever

played and the ground's not too great.

Yes, keep the Cowdung down. They're by far the most moronic fans the Sons have ever

played and the ground's not too great.

Was speaking to a Cowden fan a while back about their ground and he claimedit was the 2nd best in our league (obviously behind Hampden :P ) But i have to disagree as Central Park is an absolute sh1th0l3.

Mon the Bankies tomorrow against the Vale in the last 32 of the Scottish.

You'll have a few Sons fans in your ranks - although I won't be one of them. I'll be at Peterhead thinking of you.

Guest Follow Follow

Accordin 2 a high up member of another Junior club the Bankies are being rushed back 2 the big time - with dodgy decisions goin there way, and in won game 7 or 8 mins injury time just so they'd equalize. Against said persons team they got a few dodgy decisions - accordin to him who could be viewing with his teams specs on

Mon the Bankies tomorrow against the Vale in the last 32 of the Scottish.

You'll have a few Sons fans in your ranks - although I won't be one of them. I'll be at Peterhead thinking of you.

I think you'll find most sons fans will be supporting the Pale Ale tomorrow. You obviously need you're head examined backing the Bankies.

News to us - in fact we missed out on promotion last season after a 96th minute goal elsewhere on the final day of the season adisputed goal at that according to the losing team) when any 1 from 3 could have went up.

Honestly can't think of any game in our two and a half years in the Juniors were we have scored so late.

In fairness, the standard of refereeing is very ppoor and there have been some crazy decisions - both ways i may add.

The joy is, teams like yourself have these guys coming to your grounds n the next few years - surely the next batch can't be so bad????

Accordin 2 a high up member of another Junior club the Bankies are being rushed back 2 the big time - with dodgy decisions goin there way, and in won game 7 or 8 mins injury time just so they'd equalize. Against said persons team they got a few dodgy decisions - accordin to him who could be viewing with his teams specs on

I think you'll find most sons fans will be supporting the Pale Ale tomorrow. You obviously need you're head examined backing the Bankies.

GERRITRIGHTROONYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, I hate the Vale Juniors with a passion, in fact, I'm not a fan of junior football in general. I just want to see Clydebank do well after what happened to their senior team.

GERRITRIGHTROONYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW, I hate the Vale Juniors with a passion, in fact, I'm not a fan of junior football in general. I just want to see Clydebank do well after what happened to their senior team.

Whilst the result went against the Vale they were worth at least a draw if not a win.

Anway my gut feeling was right with many Sons fans at Millburn today supporting the Vale. When I told some of them about the Sons supporter on P & B backing Bankies over Vale they couldn't believe it.

Why do you hate Vale with a passion as they have not been rivals of Dumbarton in a 100 or so years? If it's because you hate the Vale ( town) then just remember many of Dumbarton's fans either come form there or live there. You obviosuly not being 1.

Why do you hate Vale with a passion as they have not been rivals of Dumbarton in a 100 or so years? If it's because you hate the Vale ( town) then just remember many of Dumbarton's fans either come form there or live there. You obviosuly not being 1.

Saying I hate them with a passion was maybe a bit strong as I was in such a mood last night after coming back from Peterhead. I rescind that statement.

I just don't like junior football in general. The only reason I want to see Clydebank doing well is after what happened to their senior team.

All the best to the Bankies-would be great to see them back in the senior ranks,it was a sad day when they folded :(

I remember going to Kilbowie around 94/95 when i first started going to Dunfermline games as it was usually a good day out-the social club at the ground was quality,looking right down on the pitch!

But I'll always have a soft spot for Bankies as we played them in the first match after Norrie McCathie died-ill never forget the Bankies players,to a man,applauding the home support after the minute's silence.They were a true credit that day.

'Mon the Bankies :)

Archived